Postbillpay and points

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffhound

Hi all

I have before me two bills, one from Knox City Council and the other from Vicroads.

Both say that I can pay via postbillpay at the post office but they don't give a Billpay code and reference for paying online.

Is it possible to pay such bills using the online postbillpay site?

My interest in doing so is because I want to get points using my Amex card which I have linked to Paypal. I read that postbillpay now accepts Paypal and Amex so one way or the other I'd like to get the higher number of points available from using an Amex card. Ordinarily Vicroads and Knox Council only allow payments via Visa and Mastercard.

Is it possible to pay these bills using online postbillpay and/or is there another method of paying via Amex?

cheers Peter

Hi all

I have before me two bills, one from Knox City Council and the other from Vicroads.

Both say that I can pay via postbillpay at the post office but they don't give a Billpay code and reference for paying online.

Is it possible to pay such bills using the online postbillpay site?

My interest in doing so is because I want to get points using my Amex card which I have linked to Paypal. I read that postbillpay now accepts Paypal and Amex so one way or the other I'd like to get the higher number of points available from using an Amex card. Ordinarily Vicroads and Knox Council only allow payments via Visa and Mastercard.

Is it possible to pay these bills using online postbillpay and/or is there another method of paying via Amex?

cheers Peter

POSTBillpay is a bit more complicated than that unfortunately. Billers can choose whether they want to utilise the service for online payments, IVR payments, over the counter payments and for any combination of those.

Additionally, whether a particular biller accepts a particular payment instrument is decided by the biller - the vast majority of billers accept neither PayPal nor American Express.

For both Knox City Council and VicRoads, the only POSTBillpay option they've opted for is over the counter at an Australia Post outlet.

POSTBillpay is a bit more complicated than that unfortunately. Billers can choose whether they want to utilise the service for online payments, IVR payments, over the counter payments and for any combination of those.

Additionally, whether a particular biller accepts a particular payment instrument is decided by the biller - the vast majority of billers accept neither PayPal nor American Express.

For both Knox City Council and VicRoads, the only POSTBillpay option they've opted for is over the counter at an Australia Post outlet.

this is good information. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back