Possible Centurion card "enhancements" forthcoming....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooke01

Hi all,

I sent an email to my Centurion RM the other day, questioning whether the new "enhancement" benefits on the Plat Charge Charge would filter through to our Centurion cards - in part, here is what I received back -

"Yes the Platinum Charge Card program has changed, the overall value of the Platinum program has further improved. I would say it is only a matter of time before there are even more enhancements to Centurion Membership. I wish I could provide you with more information, but it is all I know at this stage."

Seriously, for a $5000 yearly fee – I am beginning to question the value. There seems to be a lessening “gap” between the benefits offered on the Platinum card (at $1200 per year) and the Centurion card (as $5000 per year). And now we have new benefits on the Platinum card not available on the Centurion card ???? It doesn’t make sense. Also, bearing in mind that we Centurion card holders also had a $700 per year fee increase recently, for very little “enhancements”. Given that the Centurion card is the “premium” AmEx card, I would hope that ALL Platinum card benefits should filter through to the Centurion card.

Will be thinking seriously about whether to renew my Centurion card in May next year – unless substantial “enhancements” are forthcoming, I am starting to see better value in downgrading to the Platinum Charge.

Time will tell, I guess.

Cheers,

Brooke

I think I will save the cash and stay with the plat charge and use that money towards a luxury watch :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back