Points cap on Platinum Charge Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen65

I'm thinking of getting a platinum charge card to use to put my tax through now that the ATO accepts credit card payments.

The charge card converts the first $200,000 at $1 = 1.5 rewards points in Ascent Premium. However, I note that you also get a free platinum credit card with the charge card and that converts the first $100,000 at the same rate also in Ascent Premium.

Does this mean you effectively could put $300,000 per year through a combination of the charge card and credit card and pocket 450,000 points?

I'm thinking of getting a platinum charge card to use to put my tax through now that the ATO accepts credit card payments.

The charge card converts the first $200,000 at $1 = 1.5 rewards points in Ascent Premium. However, I note that you also get a free platinum credit card with the charge card and that converts the first $100,000 at the same rate also in Ascent Premium.

Does this mean you effectively could put $300,000 per year through a combination of the charge card and credit card and pocket 450,000 points?
The best answer would be to ask Amex but I would say that the answer should be yes as the cards are run independently.

My experience with seeking information from Amex on anything but the simplest queries has not been promising so far! I was hoping someone here would know from experience.

I have both cards and yes you get both limits so you can earn more bonus points.

ejb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back