Platinum Edge rejection - worth pursuing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N860CR

Just got a rejection letter for the Platinum Edge card. Income is more than double required so the only thing I can think of is that I applied for the Macquarie platinum at about the same time.

Has anyone ever had any success calling to discuss their decision with them? Seems an odd one given my strong financial standing… but it's their train set.

Just checking to see if it's worth the battle if it's going to be a loser.

Just got a rejection letter for the Platinum Edge card. Income is more than double required so the only thing I can think of is that I applied for the Macquarie platinum at about the same time.

Has anyone ever had any success calling to discuss their decision with them? Seems an odd one given my strong financial standing… but it's their train set.

Just checking to see if it's worth the battle if it's going to be a loser.

I got rejected the first time, most likely due to applying for 1 or 2 other cards at the same time. I phoned Amex, and whilst they wouldn't tell me why, It was suggested that I not apply again until at least 3 months had passed. I waited for 6 months, applied and got it.

Thanks. Probably not worth chasing. Seems odd that a big company like that would limit their potential income options by using such odd methods.

Thanks. Probably not worth chasing. Seems odd that a big company like that would limit their potential income options by using such odd methods.

If you're going to start churning cards, you need to space them out is all. YMMV.

I applied for my Veda file after getting rejected, thinking there must be something bad on it, but there was nothing (as I suspected). Apparently, it just sends a red flag if you apply for other cards around the same time, which makes sense I guess.

I found that applying over the phone allows for a little operator discretion. Also give thought to applying via referral for the additional bonus points...15,000 instead of 10,000. When you're ready to reapply you can ask for someone to refer you on the Plat Edge referral thread. Great card for earn rates at supermarkets and for gift card purchases.

If you're going to start churning cards, you need to space them out is all. YMMV.

I applied for my Veda file after getting rejected, thinking there must be something bad on it, but there was nothing (as I suspected). Apparently, it just sends a red flag if you apply for other cards around the same time, which makes sense I guess.

Did you find out what you credit score is?

You need to subscribe to the correct package to get your veda score. It's calculated monthly for you to keep an eye on. You migh have no defaults or judgements but still have a score of less than 500, putting you below average!

Or you might have a score of 900+, putting you at Excellent!

The cost is $89 per year and it's money well spent!

You need to subscribe to the correct package to get your veda score. It's calculated monthly for you to keep an eye on. You migh have no defaults or judgements but still have a score of less than 500, putting you below average!

Or you might have a score of 900+, putting you at Excellent! 

Interesting... has anyone switched from My Veda Alert to this new product? I was only renewed recently and they didn't offer it...

Why? I'm not out everyday getting credit. I guess if Dun & Bradstreet started phoning & chasing for a debt I hadn't incurred, I would probably consider it, but I really don't have a need based on my current situation.

Why? I'm not out everyday getting credit. I guess if Dun & Bradstreet started phoning & chasing for a debt I hadn't incurred, I would probably consider it, but I really don't have a need based on my current situation.

That's your choice and your right. No further input required from me then.

For your information I will try to retrieve an old score from someone to give you an idea what it looks like! I'm not showing you mine.... ;)

In my experience, most sit between 700 and 800. Have never seen lower than high 600's. And I don't think I've seen above 900.

I would take it with a grain of salt at this stage, given the limited information they can draw on from credit files. It will be interesting to see how it changes in March next year, when the credit file data they can draw on will be significantly greater.

That's your choice and your right. No further input required from me then.

For your information I will try to retrieve an old score from someone to give you an idea what it looks like! I'm not showing you mine.... ;)

I hope I didn't sound harsh, but why would you need to know your score?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back