Paypal doesn't allow your bank to convert foreign currency anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxxnxs

Hi Guys

Nees your urgent help, I have't been using paypal for a while, but in my memory paypal used to offer a choice to choose " paypal convert the foreign for you" or "let your own bank do that". I log into my account and can't not see that function anymore, does that mean I have to suck up with the paypal's poor rate? :(

Thanks

Are you paying Pal Pal via a credit card or your actual bank account? If the former (which I used recently), you certainly are given the option of choosing!:idea:

I would strongly advise using a credit card to pay Pay Pal, rather than you actual bank account. Earlier this year, I bought some fake SD cards off Ebay, and didn't realise they were fake til beyond the 45 days that Pay Pal allow you to dispute the transaction. When i approached Pay Pal, they were not interested at all:shock:. I then filed a disputed charge with my credit card that Pay Pal withdraws my funds from, and got my money back via my credit card!! Can't see that happening if you allow Pay Pal to direct debit from your bank account!

Are you paying Pal Pal via a credit card or your actual bank account? If the former (which I used recently), you certainly are given the option of choosing!:idea:

I would strongly advise using a credit card to pay Pay Pal, rather than you actual bank account. Earlier this year, I bought some fake SD cards off Ebay, and didn't realise they were fake til beyond the 45 days that Pay Pal allow you to dispute the transaction. When i approached Pay Pal, they were not interested at all:shock:. I then filed a disputed charge with my credit card that Pay Pal withdraws my funds from, and got my money back via my credit card!! Can't see that happening if you allow Pay Pal to direct debit from your bank account!

Thanks KPC, I am paying via credit card. Can you please tell how do I set up in my paypal account. I tried on the ebay, it doesn't give me any options except confirm the payment through paypal.

I bought something through paypal yesterday on CC declining their offer to convert and letting my bank do it. At some stage during the checkout process you will be offered conversion by paypal with a button saying something like "use other conversion options" as an alternative. If you click on that you will get the option to let your bank convert.

I bought something through paypal yesterday on CC declining their offer to convert and letting my bank do it. At some stage during the checkout process you will be offered conversion by paypal with a button saying something like "use other conversion options" as an alternative. If you click on that you will get the option to let your bank convert.

Hi Stephan65

When you see "use other conversion options" is after you click confirm the payment on ebay or before? And what does primary currency mean in paypal, now I have two options one is AUD and another is USD, which one do I need to choose? Sorry question may be a little bit stupid, but I just don't use paypal much.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back