PayPal accepting Amex [again]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpuu

PayPal Australia now [NOT] accepting AmEx [Again!]

All,

Don't know if anyone else has noticed yet but PayPal Australia now accepts American Express as a payment method.

I just purchased something on eBay via PayPal using my Amex. Great news if you too are using eBay and PayPal a lot.

Cheers,
T

Attachments

• Screen shot 2009-10-14 at 22.31.36.jpg
    Screen shot 2009-10-14 at 22.31.36.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 158
re: PayPal Australia now [NOT] accepting AmEx [Again!]

Paypal also shows the Amex logo on the .au site.

About time. IIRC, Paypal in Au didn't accept Amex because of a battle with Amex over something (chargebacks or fees I think).

I'm glad it's sorted.

Thats great thanks for the tip.

Made changes to both Paypal and eBay

Hi Tpuu, welcome to AFF !

Thanks, just setup my Amex on PayPal ...

Thank you so much for the info! I've deleted my Mastercard and added the Amex.

Thanks for letting us know!

Very good news!!!:mrgreen:

Argh no way!

I just put through a transaction on Paypal. Dammit. LOL, great news anyway!

EDIT; Warning - this doesn't work for "companion cards" such as the Westpac Altitude Amex, and I presume the equivalent products on Commbank, ANZ, etc.

It didn't work for me, and I rang Westpac and that's the explanation they gave me anyway.

Last edited:

This is great news. With just about all banks now at 0.5 points per $ for Visa and Master Card, this is just one more area where I won't have to use Visa.

EDIT; Warning - this doesn't work for "companion cards" such as the Westpac Altitude Amex, and I presume the equivalent products on Commbank, ANZ, etc.

It didn't work for me, and I rang Westpac and that's the explanation they gave me anyway.

mmm interesting I setup my NAB companion Amex yesterday and noticed a $1.10 transaction on my statement this morning so I think mine has setup okay ...

mmm interesting I setup my NAB companion Amex yesterday and noticed a $1.10 transaction on my statement this morning so I think mine has setup okay ...

cough, I also had a $1.10 transaction, but it was rejected by Westpac, and that was the reason they gave me (that Paypal don't accept companion cards).

cough, I also had a $1.10 transaction, but it was rejected by Westpac, and that was the reason they gave me (that Paypal don't accept companion cards).

Will let you know if the NAB lets me set it up ...

My Altitude Platinum seems to have been added OK.

My Altitude Platinum seems to have been added OK.
Out of interest, is your Altitude Platinum Visa/Mastercard card also registered with Paypal?

Out of interest, is your Altitude Platinum Visa/Mastercard card also registered with Paypal?

My Altitude Platinum MasterCard was registered with PayPal. I removed it then added the AMEX. I didn't receive any errors when adding it. I however haven't noticed a $1.10 transaction yet. Did PayPal pop up with errors as you added the AMEX or was it only afterwards that it was removed?

No problems here adding the Earth Amex (Westpac). Even used it to pay $1 to myself, and then process a refund - all without issue.

My Earth MasterCard was (and is still) registered on the account, but the Amex has been set as the PayPal account's primary card.

My Altitude Platinum MasterCard was registered with PayPal. I removed it then added the AMEX. I didn't receive any errors when adding it. I however haven't noticed a $1.10 transaction yet. Did PayPal pop up with errors as you added the AMEX or was it only afterwards that it was removed?

The error came up straight away for me.

... and by "straight away" I meant the second time, since the first time I was a klutz and put in the wrong CVV number.

Error:
This credit card has been refused by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was refused, please contact your credit card issuer's Customer Service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card.

Same thing here.

I called Amex and they say everything is OK with my card. They did say Paypal is having problems with Amex communications and hence the problems.

I was asked to try again and I still got the same problem.

I too am having problems adding my card and it's issued by Amex.

Have just tried to use Amex on PayPal to pay for something I won on eBay, and it displays "The card selected cannot be used for this transaction. Please add another debit or credit card to your account or select an alternative payment method."

I've sent PayPal an email about it - hopefully it's only the same communication problems which they are aware of...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Staff online

Back