No fee Velocity card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyboi

Looking for no fee velocity rewards card. Does it exist?

If not, any tips to keep my velocity account active?

Thanks

If you can get an affinity Gold Amex (through a professional organisation or the like) they're fee-free and earn 1 Ascent point per dollar = 1 Velocity point per dollar.

Apart from that, NAB Velocity is probably your best bet. Not fee-free but the cheapest.

Virgin do have a fee free Credit Crad, but also have a look at this offer.
Exclusive TV Offer

and
http://virginmoney.com.au/credit-card/flyer-cards/promos/tv-advert-offer/

Note free as is $99, but comes witha free flight on top of the normal deal.

^ To be eligible for the free flight offer, you must apply for Virgin Flyer Credit Card and make a goods or services purchase with it by 31 March 2011. If eligible, the Primary Cardholder will receive a one-way Virgin Blue GO fare class flight to and from select destinations which do not include NT and WA. Flight must be booked through the Virgin Blue Guest Contact Centre within 3 months of first card spend. Redemption on new flight bookings only made at least 21 days in advance of travel. Free flight subject to availability and is not available on all routes. No Baggage allowance is included. Check out here for detailed terms and conditions.

Havea look at this offer.
Exclusive TV Offer

Note free as is $99, but comes witha free flight on top of the normal deal.

^ To be eligible for the free flight offer, you must apply for Virgin Flyer Credit Card and make a goods or services purchase with it by 31 March 2011. If eligible, the Primary Cardholder will receive a one-way Virgin Blue GO fare class flight to and from select destinations which do not include NT and WA. Flight must be booked through the Virgin Blue Guest Contact Centre within 3 months of first card spend. Redemption on new flight bookings only made at least 21 days in advance of travel. Free flight subject to availability and is not available on all routes. No Baggage allowance is included. Check out here for detailed terms and conditions.

A caveat with this. Virgin Money's cards are issued by Citi, who have possibly the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Cancelled my card out of frustration a few months in.

Of course, YMMV.

if think if you are a NAB shareholder with 500 shares + you can now get a gold NAB Velocity amex card with visa card too. the annual fee is continuely waived after the 1st year if you spend a certain amount i think?
apart from that just do a purchase via Velocity website for Dominos pizza or ebay etc or buy some cheap virgin car insurance. is it 18month or 36months if theres no tranaction you forfeit your points?

apart from that just do a purchase via Velocity website for Dominos pizza or ebay etc or buy some cheap virgin car insurance. is it 18month or 36months if theres no tranaction you forfeit your points?

Yeah Shop'n'Earn is a good option - assuming the points do post. There have been a lot of hassles over time with the points posting... but I believe it's improved.

Yeah Shop'n'Earn is a good option - assuming the points do post. There have been a lot of hassles over time with the points posting... but I believe it's improved.
I've seen no evidence of any improvement. Dominos didn't work for me about a month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back