New Qantas Platinum One CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyy

Current Gold NAB Qantas card holder, just recieved a 'platinum one'. Same terms/conditons price & points earn as Gold. Anyone else get one?? (amex & visa)

ok thanks. doesn't seem that exciting - just a diff colour (looks pretty)

Got the Amex/MC
difference seems to be the Amex Concierge. Don't think the Gold had that. Would have been nice if they upgraded the point earning structure to the Platinum standard :D

Yeah I got mine last week...agree that it would be nice if the Platinum points earn came with it. Also, be careful with the insurance. Unlike the Gold which only required you to pay fof 50% on your card to activate the insurance, the Platinum requires you to put 100% on there!

Yeah I got mine last week...agree that it would be nice if the Platinum points earn came with it. Also, be careful with the insurance. Unlike the Gold which only required you to pay fof 50% on your card to activate the insurance, the Platinum requires you to put 100% on there!

Even if you put the taxes and charges on the card for a points ticket?

New Qantas Platinum One

I got the upgrade a couple of weeks ago as well. Rang with a couple of concerns. Firstly as my gold card is part of a package and technically a platinum card can't be included I asked about the annual fee situation. They told me that the exist package arrangement would stand.

The platinum concierge and insurance is different. Note you need to look at the platinum insurance PDS now.

I couldn't get them to give me a full platinum card. :(

Also, be careful with the insurance. Unlike the Gold which only required you to pay fof 50% on your card to activate the insurance, the Platinum requires you to put 100% on there!

Not exactly correct. The gold card required 50% of your prepaid travel costs - hotel, airfares, car hire, train tickets, etc. Paid before you travel. This was handy because I was previously able to pay for airfares with an amex Amex and get that cover and then pay the other prepaid travel costs with the gold card and get covered by both card insurances. It also allow coverage on awards.

The platinum one requires payment of 100% of the airfare only. It doesn't include hotels and such. There is also a transistion period until the end of April or so where they will provide whichever cover from either card if the qualification was met.

The platinum one requires payment of 100% of the airfare only. It doesn't include hotels and such. There is also a transistion period until the end of April or so where they will provide whichever cover from either card if the qualification was met.

If you ask them they will extend out the insurance coverage past april on prebooked services.

I got them to extend my coverage out till end of september as I have quite a large trip booked but since i couldnt put the entire amount of the airfares on the credit card due to limits I was unable to meet the 100% issue. so they have extended it. whether they will honour if something happens i dunno.

Even if you put the taxes and charges on the card for a points ticket?

I would think that if you were putting the taxes etc on the card for a points ticket, you'd still qualify - this is how it works for the Amex QF cards. But I'd still suggest a read of the fine print.

Got the Amex/MC
difference seems to be the Amex Concierge. Don't think the Gold had that. Would have been nice if they upgraded the point earning structure to the Platinum standard :D

Got a letter today saying my Amex/MC got 'transformed' too. I checked over the phone, and unlike the Plat One Visa which comes with Paywave, the Platinum One MC does NOT come with Paypass. The only differences are apparently that "the colour is different", and "the insurance coverage is better" (allegedly). I'll have to see when the cards actually come through..

Maybe it's something to do with total spend. I got mine upgraded several months ago too. Put a lot of business expenses on it, though.

Interesting that QF have chosen the name of a credit card programme as their 'touted' uber FF tier - planning not?

.. or will there be a plan to give us complimentary QFF Plat One?

*keeps dreaming* :mrgreen:

Just got mine today, I'm on NAB staff rates, so no yearly fee and only 10.5% interest so I'm pretty happy.

In regards to travel insurance, today I received the following in the mail. (update to t&c's)

"From June 1 the "activation criteria" in respect of the Overseas Travel Insurance Cover under the policy will change. The cover will be activated if you are a NAB Platinum credit cardholder and prior to the commencement of you journey you have paid a minimum of $500 of your transportation, costs (including travel by air, rail, road, or watercraft) and/or accommodation costs and/or organised land tour costs all of which are inclusive of any charges, fees and/or taxes (excluding foreign currency and travellers cheques) with your card.

Also:

The insurer has now changed to Chubb Insurance Company of Australia Limited.

So basically as long as you have spent $500 towards you trip on your card prior to leaving, you're covered. I reckon thats pretty reasonable.

Yep i got that letter after spending $300 on insurance for my upcoming trip since the change to platinum would not cover it.

gotta love NAB sometimes.

I know this thread is all but dead......CLEAR.....ZAP!

But. For those who don't realise it, the Platinum ONE and the Platinum cards are actually different.

We had our account "upgraded" to Platinum One (still with VISA and AMEX), but there are still points earning limits, unlike the "normal" platinum cards.

I know this thread is all but dead......CLEAR.....ZAP!

But. For those who don't realise it, the Platinum ONE and the Platinum cards are actually different.

We had our account "upgraded" to Platinum One (still with VISA and AMEX), but there are still points earning limits, unlike the "normal" platinum cards.

Sounds like NAB just want to increase their takings from interchange fees without any of the cost.

What, a bank wanting to increase it's revenue? Noooo....

BTW, when we got upgraded to Plat One, it was a complimentary upgrade . "here's your new cards, etc"

But since then we did a proper upgrade to the real Plat cards with no points limit, after we got screwed one month, wondering why we were missing out on 1000s of points

BTW, when we got upgraded to Plat One, it was a complimentary upgrade . "here's your new cards, etc"

It's complimentary to you, the customer, in terms of annual fee. Card issuers also take a small percentage fee for each transaction, which increases with each tier of card (Gold, Platinum, World etc), so it's profitable for NAB too.

Must explain why the Virgin Flyer, a seemingly entry level credit card, is flagged as a Visa Platinum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back