Enthusiast
BMW Group Australia > BMW Insights > BMW Financial Services > Introduction

Reflect on all that you get with Gold
Pay no annual Card fee – save $70 p.a.
Pay no annual Supplementary Card fee – save $20 p.a. per Card2
Complimentary enrolment in either Membership Rewards Ascent3
or Qantas4 – Direct save $80 p.a.

Plus apply now and get 10,000 Bonus Points1
Apply for a BMW Gold Credit Card online before 31 March 2011, and we'll reward you with 10,000 Membership Rewards3 or Qantas Frequent Flyer4 points! Just spend at least $500 on your Card within the first two months following approval and the points are yours1.

Rewards
Your choice of rewards program
Earn one point for every $1 you spend on purchases with your Card and choose the program that best suits your lifestyle.

Membership Rewards Ascent3
No capping or expiry of your points6
Redeem your points with any of our seven leading airline partners3 or directly with our other travel partners including Webjet7 or any Travelscene American Express or Harvey World Travel store8. It's simple to use; 10,000 points = $100 worth of travel12. If you don't have enough points to book your travel, simply redeem the points you do have and pay the balance on your Card9
Ascent gives you more than just travel; you can also redeem your points for Gift Cards10 and a great range of merchandise, or even a credit back on your Card11

For example, 14,490 Membership Rewards points = return economy flight Melbourne to Sydney12 or 13,500 Membership Rewards points = $100 retail voucher.
Qantas Direct4
No capping of your points6
If you're a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, you'll earn 1 Qantas Frequent Flyer point for every dollar spent on eligible purchases, and have the points added directly to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account
You can redeem for a range of merchandise, vouchers and experiences in the online Qantas Frequent Flyer Store, or take off on Qantas, Jetstar or 26 other partner airlines4

Ah, good find. I knew this card was around but didn't know they had a promotion.

Outside of the possibility for a quick free 10K QFF points the card itself doesn't look all that inspiring although I guess any 1:1 QFF uncapped card is worth a second look. No added benefits with this one like insurance or whatever so far as I could see.

Anyway, thanks for posting. 1:1 QFF, no money down, 10K free points ... ka-ching! :)

Last edited:
hmmm, 10k QFF points for free.... just how many cards can you have at any one time, as they are really starting to accumulate!!! :)

Another advantage of the BMW Amex is a lower income threshold at 25k so nobody should have an excuse now. Once you're in they'll no doubt try to budge you to another card with an annual fee.

hmmm, 10k QFF points for free.... just how many cards can you have at any one time, as they are really starting to accumulate!!! :)

I just cancelled a bunch but and now slowly building the stock up again.

Will be hanging onto the Wollies card and my Earth plat but the rest are just churn and burn.

I need about another 100,000 QF points then I will move my entire spend to a Kris Flyer card. Just got to find a good one.

if you choose the Qantas Direct option during sign up are there any fee to have your points swept to your ff account? i thought there was a $35 fee. ?
can you change later from the Qantas direct to the acent program after getting hte card?

hahaha - they have changed it now from the points bonus to complimentary George Foreman Grill & Griddle + $30 pre paid card

I was going to select a direct sweep into QFF but as I have a Platinum Charge card this new card gets enrolled into Ascent Premium instead!

how lame is that George Foreman offer!!! to many people suddenly signed up from AFF did they???

Now this card is no longer attractive ...... I will stick with my Plat Edge Amex instead ..... Still need my free tix to ADL every year!

hahaha - they have changed it now from the points bonus to complimentary George Foreman Grill & Griddle + $30 pre paid card

I applied prior to the switch - hopefully they still honor the original promotion.

As I learnt with Amex some time ago - its always handy to take screen shots/print outs of their promotions when the bonus points fail to appear . . .

yes, i was going to apply, just needed to rationalise my card collection, but now, as tempting as the big guys grill is, i think not... :)

the screen shots sound like a good idea, potentially with someway to validate the day you took the screenshot was the day you applied...

Applied-recieved-bonus points collected-closed-applying for discovery card now:)

Applied-recieved-bonus points collected-closed-applying for discovery card now:)

How long before bonus points creditted? I have had the 'ordinary' (1point per $spend) creditted for my first month, but no sign yet of the bonus points.

Dammit. I have to remember not to dawdle on these things as they sometimes disappear. That would have been the easiest 10K points ever. Missed it and am not that interested in a free grill.

I'm trying to space applications a few weeks apart as doing them all at once seems to set off alarm bells and you don't get accepted for any of them - thats my guess anyway. Since slowing down a bit I've been getting more acceptance.

How long before bonus points creditted? I have had the 'ordinary' (1point per $spend) creditted for my first month, but no sign yet of the bonus points.

Received my points about 4 weeks after reached 500

Sorry to bump this thread, but thought I would add an update to this.

I applied for this in May or June and was expecting to get the grill.
They sent through the $30 prepaid card, but then phoned me asking if it was okay to send a $100 prepaid card instead of the grill.

I'm pretty happy with that. That's more than the grill is worth and I get to spend it on what I want!

However, having said that, I was (rudely) awoken by a courier this morning. My grill arrived.

Needless to say I'm confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back