New Bonus Partners 1 Oct - 31 Dec 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxeflyer

Looks like almost all the bonus partners have been extended to Dec 2012.
New ones are:

Jax Quickfit 1 bonus point per $
Alto Car Service 3000 bonus for >$300 spend (must register)
Saffire Freycinet Resort 1 bonus point per $.

Ho hum.

Very underwhelming...

I also note that HotelClub is showing as the old date range... I'm pretty sure they'll extend it however, given hotelclub has built a specific website for this deal (which is SIGNIFICANTLY worse than the normal site).

Amazing that Amex finally got themselves in order to update the website on the second of the month, despite knowing the expiry date of these deals for months.

Looks like almost all the bonus partners have been extended to Dec 2012.
New ones are:

Jax Quickfit 1 bonus point per $
Alto Car Service 3000 bonus for >$300 spend (must register)
Saffire Freycinet Resort 1 bonus point per $.

Ho hum.
I for one am happy AAMI offer still open given my house/car insurances fall in January. So for my ~ 2K worth I'll get 10K bonus, not as good as last year but still worth it to pay Dec 31st.

A very humdrum selection of bonus partners if you ask me. Bring back the BP offer. What about another grog retailer 5X offer too?

Anyone know whether the HotelClub bonus 5x offer is ongoing? Amex bonus points website still quotes 30/Sep/12, yet the HotelClub amex site terms indicate 31/Dec/12.

Recently booked a fair amount of hotel nights on the HotelClub amex site solely for bonus point purposes based on the HotelClub terms, no bonus points have credited yet though to validate.

Anyone had recent experience to indicate whether it's still going?

Very underwhelming...

I also note that HotelClub is showing as the old date range... I'm pretty sure they'll extend it however, given hotelclub has built a specific website for this deal (which is SIGNIFICANTLY worse than the normal site).

Amazing that Amex finally got themselves in order to update the website on the second of the month, despite knowing the expiry date of these deals for months.

Agree 100% with all of this!

Anyone know whether the HotelClub bonus 5x offer is ongoing? Amex bonus points website still quotes 30/Sep/12, yet the HotelClub amex site terms indicate 31/Dec/12.

Recently booked a fair amount of hotel nights on the HotelClub amex site solely for bonus point purposes based on the HotelClub terms, no bonus points have credited yet though to validate.

Anyone had recent experience to indicate whether it's still going?

I'd call and check - I'm too scared to try given that others have reported that HotelClub is NOT listed as a 'travel provider' and therefore your booking would only earn 1 point per $1 if you were assuming the 5x bonus is over...

I'd call and check - I'm too scared to try given that others have reported that HotelClub is NOT listed as a 'travel provider' and therefore your booking would only earn 1 point per $1 if you were assuming the 5x bonus is over...
This is a different link, go to bonus partners and use the specific 5x Hotelclub link.

This is a different link, go to bonus partners and use the specific 5x Hotelclub link.

I'm well aware of that...

What I meant was that you should call and check that they are a bonus partner, because if they are not you will only get one point. Ordinarily a travel provider would give you 2 points which is still pretty good if you can't get the 5 points. However, it has been shown by others on here that HotelClub do not have their merchant facility set up as a 'travel provider', so if you decide to 'give it a go' and the bonus program has ended then you will only get 1 point.

I'm well aware of that...

What I meant was that you should call and check that they are a bonus partner, because if they are not you will only get one point. Ordinarily a travel provider would give you 2 points which is still pretty good if you can't get the 5 points. However, it has been shown by others on here that HotelClub do not have their merchant facility set up as a 'travel provider', so if you decide to 'give it a go' and the bonus program has ended then you will only get 1 point.
Ok, so I wasn't clear, my question is why would you be looking to get 2x when you can get 5x for the same partner?

Ok, so I wasn't clear, my question is why would you be looking to get 2x when you can get 5x for the same partner?

I wouldn't...

I sincerely hope that the HotelClub deal at 5x points is continuing however until the website is updated to confirm this I WILL NOT BE TAKING THE CHANCE as I would end up with a booking at 1pt/$1 which I'm not willing to accept when I can get 1.5 points elsewhere and possibly a bonus depending on the hotel brand with some of my cards.

Amex has be continually disappointing me lately with regards to the rewards program becoming too complex and the bonus offers being pretty poor

The T&C's are quite clear

[h=2] Member Rewards 5 Bonus Points Promotion - Terms & Conditions [/h]

HotelClub: Offer valid for bookings made between now and 31 December 2012.

The T&C's are quite clear

Member Rewards 5 Bonus Points Promotion - Terms & Conditions

HotelClub: Offer valid for bookings made between now and 31 December 2012.

The details on the Amex Bonus Points site are different however

1. HotelClub: Offer valid for bookings made between now and 30 September 2012.

Amex just haven't updated their site like always!

I would be happy booking then blasting hotelclub/amex later IF the points don't post

If they fail to give you the points have a chat to the ACCC about misleading and deceptive conduct etc etc

I have printed to pdf a copy of the HotelClub terms in case they don't post. One way or another, the argument is probably strong enough that they will have to award them. It would just be nice if they could get their act together so you could buy with confidence.

The details on the Amex Bonus Points site are different however

1. HotelClub: Offer valid for bookings made between now and 30 September 2012.
Ask any lawyer, T&C's are supposed to form part of the legal agreement and should be able to be relied upon independantly of what anything else says.

Ask any lawyer, T&C's are supposed to form part of the legal agreement and should be able to be relied upon independantly of what anything else says.

I understand this. The issue I have is that there are competing terms and conditions. The terms on the hotelclub site say one thing and the terms on the Amex site say something else.

One could make arguments for putting stronger emphasis on one over the other...

Does anyone have recent experience for a hotelclub.com/amex purchase and the time taken for 5x bonus points to show up in their MR account?

In the past these have on some occasions shown up instantly (i.e. at the same time the actual charge points are recorded). It's been since I made the transaction, so just wondering if the common experience these days is the 'up to 8-10 weeks' that they reference on the website.

Amex did eventually update their website to 31/Dec/12 expiry for the offer.

I contacted AMEX yesterday asking them when the Bonus Partners for January - 31st March would be updated on their website, pointing out that the renewal of my AAMI car insurance that was processed on the 3rd January did not receive bonus points and I was keen to know if they would continue to be a bonus partners (paying monthly instalments). They replied saying they do not have a date when the new partners will be listed but to keep checking the website. They also credited the 5x bonus points for my AAMI transaction as a gesture of goodwill, which was an unexpected surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back