NEW: 25K for Edge, 35K for Reserve 80K for Plat Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovetravellingoz

Enthusiast
New and larger candy out for all three Platinum Amex cards as of Oct 1.

Platinum Credit Cards | American Express AU
Join by Jan 31.

I had been waiting for this to join my wife up as my year ends soon. So another years Travel Insurance coming up via "her" charge. Will be very handy in 2012 year as my daughter is going on major separate trips next year.

I had thought about joining her up last week before the old deal lapsed, but decided to hold out for a new and better offer. Very pleased that it only took a day for the candy to arrive. :D Will grab the Edge now for her...and Charge a bit later in Jan so that I have travel insurance coverage for Xmas 2012.

I've recently cancelled my platinum edge credit card. If I sign up for a new card in a few months will they give me the points?

I've recently cancelled my platinum edge credit card. If I sign up for a new card in a few months will they give me the points?

Well T&C state is only for new Platinum Reserve Basic Credit Card members . So that would depend on how Amex interpret new.

I've had a Platinum Edge card too but cancelled it over six months ago.

This new deal is excellent value with the 25K bonus points so I might give it another go. The first time around the bonus was only 20K.

Good deal, That amount of points would pay for the cards first year yearly fee!

Question regarding the complimentary Priority Pass membership for the platinum card, is this a unlimited use membership...or do you need to pay $27 per entry?

Good deal, That amount of points would pay for the cards first year yearly fee!

Question regarding the complimentary Priority Pass membership for the platinum card, is this a unlimited use membership...or do you need to pay $27 per entry?

The Priority Pass membership with the charge card is Prestige. i.e. unlimited visits. I don't believe that is the case for the Reserve Card, I think you get two free visits per year and then it is US$27 per visit. :)

Platinum Charge Card now offering 80,000 bonus points

I applied for this card today hoping that the 75,000 bonus point offer was still running and was surprised to see that they have increased the bonus to 80,000. The website is rather confusing as some pages still refer to 75,000, but the page that links to new applications definitely says 80,000, so quite happy with that!

Also note that the Plat Edge has 0% for 6 months.. makes it even sweeter, I will be recommending for the other half to apply :D

Also note that the Plat Edge has 0% for 6 months.. makes it even sweeter, I will be recommending for the other half to apply :D

That sounds great! I can't see it written though?

EDIT: followed link from above. That's not there if you go through the homepage though.

Last edited:
Applied for the card online on Friday and was given a 'notify you of the outcome within 5-10 working days' response.

Let's hope they are easier to deal with than Virgin Money.

received and activated my Edge card today. However, I only got the $200 David Jone voucher promotion because I applied through my associate. $ 99 annum fee, not bad.

Re: NEW: 25K for Edge,make sure they actually apply the 25k

well, I got the card after waiting the 5 days for approval and agree it is a really good deal especially the 0% interest rate along with the 25k points. However, when I rang them a week after receiving the card, i just wanted to double check with them when I was going to receive the 25k points. They said that I applied before the offer was available.They said they advertised it a few days in advance and that it didn't start until the 15th October (I think they said the 15th) abd that I applied on the 4th Oct.. So I believed them as I thought that maybe I didn't read the terms and conditions properly (which is not like me!). So I said ok But I just checked the terms and it only says that you have to apply before January 2012 to be eligible which is what I thought I read originally. I'm going to give them a call after the weekend to argue the case.
SO maybe if any of you have received the card, double check that you will receive the 25k promotion.

FYI I got 6 months interest at 0%, 15,000 points if spend is in first two months (just bought a dell laptop with on card so I will qualify) and a reduced fee ($99) for first year (I didn't even know the reduced fee deal existed!).

Let me know if anyone else has had the same issue

cheers

The 3 points per dollar supermarket spend, the 2 points per dollar petrol spend etc...

Can these points be transferred point for point to QFF or are they cut in half like the AMEX cards issued by the Banks. Our weekly grocery bill is about $500 alone which would mean an extra 750 points a week making this card very attractive

The 3 points per dollar supermarket spend, the 2 points per dollar petrol spend etc...

Can these points be transferred point for point to QFF or are they cut in half like the AMEX cards issued by the Banks. Our weekly grocery bill is about $500 alone which would mean an extra 750 points a week making this card very attractive
Whoops, just had a closer look at the T&C's, appears Qantas not part of the program, sorry to bother you:)

Re: NEW: 25K for Edge,make sure they actually apply the 25k

well, I got the card after waiting the 5 days for approval and agree it is a really good deal especially the 0% interest rate along with the 25k points. However, when I rang them a week after receiving the card, i just wanted to double check with them when I was going to receive the 25k points. They said that I applied before the offer was available.They said they advertised it a few days in advance and that it didn't start until the 15th October (I think they said the 15th) abd that I applied on the 4th Oct.. So I believed them as I thought that maybe I didn't read the terms and conditions properly (which is not like me!). So I said ok But I just checked the terms and it only says that you have to apply before January 2012 to be eligible which is what I thought I read originally. I'm going to give them a call after the weekend to argue the case.
SO maybe if any of you have received the card, double check that you will receive the 25k promotion.

FYI I got 6 months interest at 0%, 15,000 points if spend is in first two months (just bought a dell laptop with on card so I will qualify) and a reduced fee ($99) for first year (I didn't even know the reduced fee deal existed!).

Let me know if anyone else has had the same issue

cheers

I got promotion via my association, for $200 voucher with the condition spending $500 prior to 31-10-11. However I received my card was re-sent around the 11th and received around the 18th Oct. I gave them a call and they are willing to extend to 11th Nov.

Got this card and some free supplementary cards for my parents and brother. I got the 25K points about a week after first using the card, so was quite happy with that as it will let me transfer the points to Velocity and take advantage of the 20% bonus, so it's turned into 30K points bonus for me :mrgreen:

Now the goal is for the card to earn enough points so when my mum retires in a few years we can all hopefully make it to Scotland for close to free.

The insurance on this card is sorta good and bad - the only 1 I know that covers supplementary card holders even if the primary card holder is not travelling with them, and the domestic insurance coul be handy should another Volcano erupt :D. The downside is you can't use FF points for a booking - only paid or MR redemptions are covered. I think I'd be willing to pay an extra $50 a year for the card if they had the same cover as the ANZ plat card where you just need to pay for $250 of your travel on the card.

Here's to buying my groceries and cooking at home for the triple points :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back