New 2012 Centurion Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

exp1k

Here are some new benefits for 2012:

Hertz Presidents Circle membership
1 free night at Raffles or Fairmont Hotels (1/3 - 31/8)
1 free night at selected Starwood Hotels (same as Platinum card, until 30/6 or 30/9 depending on the hotel)

If you know of any other new benefits, please list them here.

Staying at the Savoy on this fairmont offer as we speak.

Upgraded room
Daily Breakfast for 2 Includes room service
4pm late checkout
Internet access
Dinner or lunch for 2 off set menu once in stay.

All for $0 for 1 night. Room is GBP 500 for the rest of stay and includes the same benefits.

Would highly recommend The Savoy after this experience and will be back.

Good benefit AMEX.

1 free night at selected Starwood Hotels (same as Platinum card, until 30/6 or 30/9 depending on the hotel)

Thanks for the update. Hertz PC will be good once my DJ plat expires. I think Amex could negotiate for DJ Plat for the 600 odd members :).

I have had upgrades rom Avis, but Hertz PC may as well not exist. It seems to make zero difference to my rentals.

Is the Raffles night a no-strings offer or is a second, paid night required?

I haven't heard about the free Starwood night, at all. Where can I find info on this? It seems hidden on the Cent website.

Thanks in advance.

Richard,

Are we only 600 Centurion members in Australia???

Hertz PC should give at least a one category upgrade.

Raffles is no strings attached. I made a $1000, one night booking, completely free.

Check flyertalk. Someone there posted a link with the available Starwood hotels. Some very nice Cat 7!

Richard,

Are we only 600 Centurion members in Australia???

Hertz PC should give at least a one category upgrade.

Raffles is no strings attached. I made a $1000, one night booking, completely free.

Check flyertalk. Someone there posted a link with the available Starwood hotels. Some very nice Cat 7!

Thanks for the details. Sorry, typo... It meant 6000. This figure is based only on the circulation of the magazine. True numbers are unknown.

I went through the FT thread and determined that the Starwood night is for UK and maybe French Cent, only. I don't think it belongs in his forum

Last edited:
Thanks for the details. Sorry, typo... It meant 6000. This figure is based only on the circulation of the magazine. True numbers are unknown.

I went through the FT thread and determined that the Starwood night is for UK and maybe French Cent, only. I don't think it belongs in his forum

Definitely here too:
http://www.australianfrequentflyer....s-rewards/enjoy-night-away-us-amex-36172.html

Do secondary Centurion members get the magazine too if they have a different address than the primary member?

I just found another benefit:

Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club Diamond membership (=oneworld Emerald).
Registration until 15 February 2013, that means membership until the end of February 2014 is confirmed!

Interesting.
The improved insurance and confirmed Macro Polo Diamond for another year make the upgrade from Platinum Charge --> Centurion a lot more palatable. I have to make a decision on upgrading my card within the next few weeks.

Interesting.
The improved insurance...

Did they improve the Centurion insurance or simply just not downgrade it a la the Platinum policy changes?

If the oneworld emerald was permanent that would be a major attraction.

Just logged in to my Hertz account and it has been upgraded to Presidents Circle already - I was expecting to have to call them to arrange, but apparently not the case.

Received the comp night card for Raffles/Fairmont today, valid until 31Aug12.

I called about the Starwood night. It's actually a Plat benefit, and therefore available to Cent, also. Waiting on the info to be sent. I am a bit miffed that since we hold 2 Plat charge cards, on separate accounts to the Cent, we still didn't receive the info regarding the Starwood night. This is a bit of coughpy service.

Thanks to this forum for helping me be able to redeem the benefits applicable to my cards.

Yes received my Raffles / Fairmont free night offer yesterday - called up Cent Travel today and secured 1 x free night at Raffles Sing in July on way back from Europe - Jeez Cruiserette gonna love me tonight when I break this news.

From Raffles web site cheapest room rate for night I selected:

Raffles.JPG

Yes received my Raffles / Fairmont free night offer yesterday - called up Cent Travel today and secured 1 x free night at Raffles Sing in July on way back from Europe - Jeez Cruiserette gonna love me tonight when I break this news.

From Raffles web site cheapest room rate for night I selected:

View attachment 6904

Received via email?

Maybe I should give the Travel team a call

No received via snail mail - nice big square black envelope with glossy brochure inside - same same format as free hotel night offer received last year.

You have to be signed up for the correct marketing mails. I called for them, both. Fairmont/Raffles is Cent only. Starwood is Plat. Call AxTS to ask for the mail out.

You have to be signed up for the correct marketing mails. I called for them, both. Fairmont/Raffles is Cent only. Starwood is Plat. Call AxTS to ask for the mail out.

I think there is something wrong in their system - I normally get all the marketing mail. Will call tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using AustFreqFly app

Had prolonged discussions with my Relationship Manager after I told him Cent not delivering me $3.4K in benefits over and above Plat - following is list of comp benefits he advised I would receive if I took Cent again:

• Relationship Manager: My role is to make your life easier. I’ll provide prompt attention on any day-to-day account queries you may have and you can count on me to ensure you consistently receive the highest standards of service.
  • Hotel privileges and memberships: Preferred Golf Club membership, Hilton Honours Diamond Membership, Relais Chateau, Starwood Preferred Guest Gold Status....$550.
  • Airline Privileges Program: Make substantial savings (up to 46%) on First or Business class flights with a companion on partner airlines. Single traveller savings also available on selected carriers.....$4,248.
  • Centurion En Route: Enjoy private car transfers to/from the airport in Australia. A complimentary limousine is also provided when you arrive at your destination. Available at major cities around the world....$435.
  • Centurion Fast Track: When booking your First or Business Class travel through Centurion Travel, a representative can be arranged to meet you at the end of the aerobridge where you will be ushered past queues at immigration and customs and then taken to your car....$500.
  • Qantas Club Lounge Access: One complimentary annual membership, available to either the Basic or Supplementary Cardmember...$840.
  • Fine Hotels and Resorts (FHR): Elite Tier FHR including enhance FHR benefits across various partners, including: room upgrades at time of reservation, complimentary room night, additional hotel food & beverage or spa credits....$1,145.
  • Priority Pass (VIP) Lounge access: Two memberships complimentary for you and your Supplementary Centurion member Unrestricted access to over 600 airport lounges around the world, in 300 cities across 90 countries, regardless of what airlines or class you are travelling....$594.
  • Avis Presidents Club Membership: Complimentary President’s Club membership....$508.
  • Travel Insurance: Trip Cancellation & Curtailment, Baggage & Money, Hospital Cash, just to list a few.....$1,045.
  • Marco Polo Diamond: Renewal notice is not yet officially open to CardMembers as we are currently in negotiation with Marco Polo. Once this has been confirmed I will update you further.

Figures quoted are from AMEX - not my figures.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back