Merging Credit Card for Entire Family:QFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

akumaslair

so with all of these different companies over the years basiclly screwing the average joe with tightening of frequent flyer points

eg an international trip, the closest one used to 50,000 points,

so I had to spend about $50k to go overseas for free , and then to pay tax, fair enough..

then it increased to 72,000 points + a larger load of tax... not happy.

now for the standard cards + gold cards they changed it to $2 for 1 point which now means I have to spend $144,000 to get a trip....:evil::evil::evil:

anyway, I managed to get a platinum MC Commbank, with 1:1, quite happy, to find out its capped... oh well..

other family member has the fee free Gold Citibank with 1:1, but they are going to change the program in april 09 or whenever, which then = the rates will change ( i can bet you this will happen)

so I was thinking about getting them to stop using the Citibank one, and issuing a 2nd and 3rd card under the Comm Plat MC, and getting them to put everything onto my card, there won't be any issues about disputes and once a year, I will transfer the QFF points at 1:1 from my account straight to theirs with the family transfer, they can pay a small portion of the ridiculous annual fee, and then its a win - win stiaution for all of ous...

is this a good plan or does everybody do it??

There's a whole range of ways to earn more points, for eg. look more closely at big sign up bonuses and be prepared to jump cards every while and again.

I received a letter re: Citibank Gold & Platinum that from 04/09 you have to elect/choose the program you want your points to go to, so if you want it be sent to QFF - you choose it and it sweeps it automatically each month. Plus there was no mention of any changes to 1:1 earning.

If the above remains correct, then the fee free card is probably better value as you avoid coughing up $200pa for the PLT CBA card - of course its a bit different if your spend more than 60k/120k p.a on the gold/plt CB respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back