Melbourne - Mauritius | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Melbourne - Mauritius

knagelli

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
Flights
My Map
Hi Experts - Will need suggestions on the best flight option from Melbourne to Mauritius in July 2020 and at the same time get some SCs to maintain my Gold. All I could find till now is the Emirates option which is a long flight and does not help me with Velocity SCs. Appreciate any inputs.

Isochronous

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Air Mauritius flies to PER and SIN, so connecting there is probably your best bet but it isn't a member of any alliance so don't think you'll have much luck with Velocity SCs. I think SQ codeshare with them from SIN to Mauritius but I doubt that would earn VA SC since it's not SQ operated, but I've not tested it out myself so it may well work.

opusman

AFF Supporter
I did the Air Mauritius flight a few years ago, in paid J - very pricy (although it was Christmas time). MEL-PER was on QF so got SCs for that but nothing for PER-MRU. The return flight left quite late at night from memory and they insisted on doing full dinner and breakfast service so hardly any time for sleep.

jase05

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
SA fly to Mauritius so you would earn points and SC’s
Would be a 2 stop flight via PER and JNB

Last edited:

AFF on Air Podcast

• Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt cha ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York – a feat it aims to ach ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stego