Maximum referral P.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike0430

Hi Guys,

I just wondering if the maximum cap of 200,000 points for referral friends is actually there, the reason I m asking is that I have got 240k bonus referral points back in July when Amex said the triple referral bonus points is capped at 200k points.

Has anyone received referral points of more than 200k per calender year (excludes the tripple referal promo in july)?

Hi Guys,

I just wondering if the maximum cap of 200,000 points for referral friends is actually there, the reason I m asking is that I have got 240k bonus referral points back in July when Amex said the triple referral bonus points is capped at 200k points.

Has anyone received referral points of more than 200k per calender year?

There have been some referral offers that were not included in the annual cap.

Nice problem to have if you can get that many people to sign up. I'm yet to get anyone to use my referral link. Probably what happens when no one you know is interested in churning credit cards. :(

Just wondering if this question's been answered as I'm about to hit 200k p.a. referral points as well. Would be good to know if Amex enforces this. TIA!

A follow up question if anyone knows - is the cap for a calendar year (ie Jan-Dec) or is it a rolling 12-month cap?

Nice problem to have if you can get that many people to sign up. I'm yet to get anyone to use my referral link. Probably what happens when no one you know is interested in churning credit cards. :(

After some husstling of family, friends and Facebook it's fair to say things have turned around from the above post. So I would say I'm also interested in how it works and if it's enforced. Approaching the 200k max on my Ultimate Card and wondering if I will be able to continue getting referral bonuses on 1) the Ultimate Card and/or 2) the Explorer card I just activated.

Hi Guys,

Has anyone received referral points of more than 200k per calender year (excludes the tripple referal promo in july)?
I have in the past got much more than the cap, but given they took the whole referral system offline last year for some time, I suspect during this time they addressed (at least some of) those glitches.

I have previously had 40k cancelled before it was transferred to my Velocity account due to exceeding the limit. Also received the letter in the mail notifying that I have exceeded the annual limit of referral by more than 100k. I thought it was fair to take 40k back.

I found I have best results when playing into peoples greed. Everyone wants free* access to premium cabins of the plane.

*Not including annual fee of card and not guaranteeing an upgrade.

I've managed to refer 5 people via my Ultimate card. I don't think I'll have any more before the 30/1/17 deadline unfortunately.

Is the 200k limit for each person or does the 200k apply to each different card you have (e.g Charge vs Edge).

Also is the 200k limit a calendar year limit or a rolling 12 month limit?

Cheers

Is the 200k limit for each person or does the 200k apply to each different card you have (e.g Charge vs Edge).

Also is the 200k limit a calendar year limit or a rolling 12 month limit?

Cheers

I believe it 200k limit per card - not that I've gone close myself to test this. I also believe it is 200k per calendar year - ie not a rolling 12 months and not a 12 months based around the card renewal date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back