Macquarie Rewards T & C Update - No more BPay Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthflyer

More bad news with regards to excluded transactions for the purposes of earning points. As of 11/05/2016 Macquarie will no longer earn points on BPay transactions. I was earning upwards of 20,000 per month from BPay transactions. I guess it had to end sometime :-(

Wondering if this will have a flow on effect for cards underwritten by them

Effective 11th May 2016 the Mac Platinum card is being enhanced, no more ATO or business payments and 1:1 QFF points is now capped at 2500 per month and 0.5 after.

Qantas Points are not earned in respect of the following amounts that may be charged to your account:

• GST and government charges (including fines paid to any government agency)
  • payments made to the Australian Tax Office
  • interest and other bank fees and charges (including any GST payable on any of these)
  • BPAY[SUP]®[/SUP] payments, i.e. bill payments and other payments made through the BPAY Electronic Payments Scheme
  • cash advances
  • transactions for items that are directly convertible to cash (including, but not limited to, purchase of foreign currency and travellers cheques) or cash equivalent transactions
  • balance transfers
  • transactions deemed by us to be for operating a business or in connection with business expenditure
  • transactions that are reversed (refunds)
  • payments for credit card protection insurance
  • transactions used for gambling purposes (including gambling chip and lottery ticket purchases).
This means that Qantas Points will not be earned on payments made to the Australian Tax Office, BPAY[SUP]®[/SUP] payments, transactions used for gambling purposes and transactions for items that are directly convertible to cash or cash equivalent transactions.
The rest of this section remains unchanged.

Current New
1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases[SUP]1[/SUP] 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases for the first $2,500 spent per statement period, then 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent thereafter per statement period[SUP]1[/SUP]

What other cards, if any, earn on Bpay? I guess the Qantas credit union card (what are they called now btw?) is now the only 1:1 uncapped point earn but don't know about Bpay.

Dale.

What other cards, if any, earn on Bpay? I guess the Qantas credit union card (what are they called now btw?) is now the only 1:1 uncapped point earn but don't know about Bpay.

Dale.

Bankwest, although who knows how long that will last

ANZ apparently still pays on BPay - wonder for how much longer. I think they're the last man standing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Currently Active Users

Back