Looking at Platinum CC card

Status
Not open for further replies.

h45e

Hi,
Looking at Qantas FF CC Card
NAB Qantas Platinum Card - NAB
Trying to find a way that me and the Mrs can use Holidays to our advantage, ie Upgrade to Business Class etc.
With this card is there any negitives/positives?
Im trying to convince my Mrs its a good idea.

Hi,
Looking at Qantas FF CC Card
NAB Qantas Platinum Card - NAB
Trying to find a way that me and the Mrs can use Holidays to our advantage, ie Upgrade to Business Class etc.
With this card is there any negitives/positives?
Im trying to convince my Mrs its a good idea.

Amex earn looks ok, but the VISA earn is below par. At $290 a year it seems expensive considering that there doesn't appear to be any 'bonus' sign-up goodies. If you intend to use the VISA a fair bit you'd possibly be better off with the Woolies EDR card which is usually available at $89 with 16,000 bonus points.

As always, depends on your overall circumstances. There are much much better cards available but they can be expensive in annual fee ... but if you intend to push a lot through them every year they may be worth a look

Amex earn looks ok, but the VISA earn is below par. At $290 a year it seems expensive considering that there doesn't appear to be any 'bonus' sign-up goodies. If you intend to use the VISA a fair bit you'd possibly be better off with the Woolies EDR card which is usually available at $89 with 16,000 bonus points.

As always, depends on your overall circumstances. There are much much better cards available but they can be expensive in annual fee ... but if you intend to push a lot through them every year they may be worth a look

Forex fees need to be considered too. Only Platinum Card sans Forex is Bankwest. Fee is $230ish.

For a dual card major bank solution the visa earn is one of the best at 2/$3. But it is an expensive package. I believe the westpac earth platinum is $250 per year which gets an equivalent platinum Amex. I say that on the assumption that major bank products are essentially the same in the area, of course there will be minor differences. For best points earn you need to back up that platinum Amex with a single card visa/mastercard product that has a better points earn. 1/$ for EDR and I believe some of the Citibank cards go to 1.25/$ on a visa.

Sent from the Throne

For a dual card major bank solution the visa earn is one of the best at 2/$3. But it is an expensive package. I believe the westpac earth platinum is $250 per year which gets an equivalent platinum Amex. I say that on the assumption that major bank products are essentially the same in the area, of course there will be minor differences. For best points earn you need to back up that platinum Amex with a single card visa/mastercard product that has a better points earn. 1/$ for EDR and I believe some of the Citibank cards go to 1.25/$ on a visa.

Sent from the Throne

All Westpac cards do not earn any points if you use Bpay, NAB,CBA & ANZ don't have such a rule AFAIK.

Unfortunatly, my mrs asked NAB and they said that Bills dont count towards points... so is there a card out there that DOES count bills so I can get points.

Unfortunatly, my mrs asked NAB and they said that Bills dont count towards points... so is there a card out there that DOES count bills so I can get points.

Really wired, NAB normally gives out points for every purchase including Bpay, maybe this card is exceptional? I could not find any words or documents that Bpay does not count towards points, I would suggest you/ your MRS to double check with NAB again. There are too many un-knowledge staffs in the banking industries nowadays, you can get different answers by different people with a same question.

Received and activated cards on Oct 10 - spent combined total $24 on both cards on Oct 10.

35,000 bonus pts posted Oct 17 - 27 rewards pts posted Oct 18 - cards cancelled this morn Oct 19.

So for $290 35,000 pts - wish I could do that every day of the week.

Received and activated cards on Oct 10 - spent combined total $24 on both cards on Oct 10.

35,000 bonus pts posted Oct 17 - 27 rewards pts posted Oct 18 - cards cancelled this morn Oct 19.

Have you got the rest annual fee back?

Oh sorry I meant to include that point - no unfortunately no pro-rata fee rebate - CSO told me because card activated and used then all annual fee forfeited.

Wow...even NAB changes that rule as well. I remembered last year, they even refunded the annual fee for the velocity card.

Wow...even NAB changes that rule as well. I remembered last year, they even refunded the annual fee for the velocity card.
YES both ANZ and NAB refunded annual fees on pro-rata basis last time I churned both.

I'm not so sure, but having said that it seems a bit hit and miss, because the T&C say if you pay a bill over the counter at Australia Post etc then it's treated as a cash advance, BUT you can pay utilities ie Gas and Power etc. so whoi knows.
My real question though is what about the ATO? can you get points there?

Has there been any fallout from NAB over this?

That's funny, ANZ made me wait like 2 months with my Frequent Flyer card which I now cancelled. Their phone customer service is pretty ordinary tbh. NAB have been great though

In what respect are you asking?

I have heard nothing from NAB since I cancelled.

The interesting bit will be when I apply next time around I guess.

In what respect are you asking?

I have heard nothing from NAB since I cancelled.

The interesting bit will be when I apply next time around I guess.

In the context of cancelling after the points have been awarded. I thought one needed a min of 12 months to keep the points.

In the context of cancelling after the points have been awarded. I thought one needed a min of 12 months to keep the points.

Once the points are in your QFF account the bank can't take them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back