Latitude Global Platinum card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna

Established Member
I applied for this card because it doesn't charge a currency conversion fee for using it overseas, or an annual fee. However it seems to have instead some weird and wonderful new fees I hadn't anticipated, including a fee when I pay the monthly account (luckily it's a small fee). I can't work out if there is any way to pay the account that does not involve a fee because at different places in the paperwork it gives different information including one place where it says internet transfers attract a fee.

Does anyone have one of these cards and if so, is there a payment method that doesn't attract a fee? I haven't activated the card yet, so if the answer is that I can't avoid paying a fee when I pay the account I might not bother to activate it.

You can pay through the 28 Degrees website as a direct transfer from your bank account and avoid the 95 cent fee for BPAY.

Edit: What @moa999 said :)

Can confirm the advice posted above. There is a button that says ‘pay my account now’ (or similar). This directly debits your nominated account for the amount you nominate (can be full or part payment).

It acknowledges you have paid instantly, but the money only comes out of your nominated account about a day or two later.

It was a bit strange using it at first, but you get used to it.

I’m very happy with the 28 degrees card... great exchange rates, free Boingo wifi worldwide, free lounge access if your flight is delayed by two hours or more (requires registration), and the call centre is always very quick to answer (I think the longest wait time has been about a minute in the last six or seven years).

Assuming this is the 28Degrees card

It doesn't have 28Degrees written anywhere on the card, but the accompanying leaflet has a few references to 28Degrees so I assume it is.

Thanks all for the replies.

The exact wording which had me confused is 'a payment handling fee will be charged to your account each time you make a payment to your account, except that no fee is payable for payments made by mail, by direct debit or via the Online Service Centre'. Then right next to that it says '$2.50 (in person) $0.95 (online)'. So that seems to me to be a contradiction between saying no fee via the Online Service Centre and then right next to it saying '$0.95 online'.

But I think I understand it now thanks to AFF, so all good :)

It doesn't have 28Degrees written anywhere on the card, but the accompanying leaflet has a few references to 28Degrees so I assume it is.

It's been rebranded recently by the new CEO ( ex very well paid ceo of Australia Post). They are floating on the ASX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back