Keep a check on Amex bonus points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pukka

I booked 2 flights with SAL on their website on consecutive days.

Checked my Amex points BNE to HKT received 2 points per $ but HKT to BNE received 1 point per $

From Australia billed in $ to Singapore air Australia From Thailand billed in THB to Singapore Air Thailand.

Just got off the phone with Amex who confirmed it was an error as the system didn't recognize Singapore Air Thailand as an Airline!!!!

Oh please lol . I told her that my system doesn't recognize McDonalds as a restaurant but apparently you still get 2 points :)

Anyway they promised to credit the extra 3000 odd points

It's gotten a hassle.... they are refusing to give me more than 1MR per $ on Hotelclub - claim they don't recognise it as an accommodation provider.

I think you had to book through their portal which is a lot worse than the normal site

Whilst that is true for bonus points, I would expect that any normal bookings through their regular website should earn two points as it is travel related...

Yeah, wasn't aware of the bonus points offer for Hotelclub, as greenfrog says I expected 2 points per $ but can't get that out of them...

BTW just looked at the AMEX the bonus offer via the link above, it says "1. HotelClub: Offer valid for bookings made between now and 30 September 2012"

It's gotten a hassle.... they are refusing to give me more than 1MR per $ on Hotelclub - claim they don't recognise it as an accommodation provider.

2 points[SUP]2[/SUP] per $1 spent on:

• Airlines, accommodation, major cruises and tour operators paid directly or through
    travel agents listed here

Now going to the list

https://www.americanexpress.com/australia/pdfs/terms-and-conditions-travel-merchants.pdf

Merchants displayed are correct as at May 2012, and does not represent a comprehensive list of all American Express Card-accepting merchants.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's a joke now, so where is the comprehensive list ?

HotelClub is a pretty clear accommodation provider and I would have assume it would be 2 points per $1

For this reason I am simply using my SQ Westpac Amex card and my Commbank Amex credit card

I can't be bothered thinking 1 point for this, 0.5 points for that, 2 points for this (maybe), 3 points for that (maybe)

Amex you really have lost the plot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back