Jetstar - credit card beware

Status
Not open for further replies.

clazman

Established Member
When you activate your cards you ensure they set it up to link to your QF number.

I wasn't asked and today I found I have been earning Jetstar dollars.

Upon speaking to them they said there is nothing they can do, which I challenged.

Customer service is investigating

To check how your account has been setup click upon the "I" icon found next to my accounts on the left hand side. Once clicked look for rewards details and expand out

When you activate your cards you ensure they set it up to link to your QF number.

I wasn't asked and today I found I have been earning Jetstar dollars.

Upon speaking to them they said there is nothing they can do, which I challenged.

Customer service is investigating

To check how your account has been setup click upon the "I" icon found next to my accounts on the left hand side. Once clicked look for rewards details and expand out

Thanks, will check. Up to the payslip stage.

When I activated they confirmed my QFF number was correct (but I did just double check that it had been set up). Cheers

Just got this card, again. Activation was ok. But now the temporary password and access code won't login to the website. One day and I'm regretting diving back into this card already.

Last edited:
As a prospective applicant can I exclude my QFF number and successfully progress the application? Thanks in advance.

I know this thread is technically about J$ but the title is "Jetstar MC beware", so here goes.

I cancelled my J$ (Macquarie) MasterCard the month prior to its anniversary. But have now received a statement with just the annual fee payable. Surprisingly, a call to the dreaded Mac "customer service" line started well with the rep agreeing to waive the fee... But then things got weird.

Rep tells me that I "still have to pay the closing balance on this statement".
Why? You just reversed it, and the account is closed.
Because if the closing balance is not paid in full you will incur interest.
But you 'waived' the fee, now the bal is $0.00 ! If I pay the bal, it will be minus $xx_.
That is right, we will refund the overpaid amount.
But that is stupid. If I do nothing it's $0.00 so problem solved right ?
No. You have to pay the balance.

It went in like this for a while.

I've said it before. Never, ever deal with Mac Bank.

But you 'waived' the fee, now the bal is $0.00 ! If I pay the bal, it will be minus $xx_.

Most probably the fee 'waiver' is actually a credit during the following statement period.

I know this thread is technically about J$ but the title is "Jetstar MC beware", so here goes.
But have now received a statement with just the annual fee payable. Surprisingly, a call to the dreaded Mac "customer service" line started well with the rep agreeing to waive the fee... But then things got weird.

Looks like you will be raising a complaint with the Banking Ombudsman.

I cancelled my J$ (Macquarie) MasterCard the month prior to its anniversary. But have now received a statement with just the annual fee payable. Surprisingly, a call to the dreaded Mac "customer service" line started well with the rep agreeing to waive the fee... But then things got weird.

That is right, we will refund the overpaid amount.
But that is stupid. If I do nothing it's $0.00 so problem solved right ?
No. You have to pay the balance.

It went in like this for a while.

I've said it before. Never, ever deal with Mac Bank.

I don't have a problem with the approach they've taken. It ensures that you keep your account open for at least another statement cycle.

Macquarie aren't half as bad as Citibank. I've churned at least 4 Macquarie offerings in the last 12 months and am about to go for the next offering.

I'm hoping that their 'next offering' is Velocity points, that's what I'm interested in. OT and all that.

I don't have a problem with the approach they've taken. It ensures that you keep your account open for at least another statement cycle.

Macquarie aren't half as bad as Citibank. I've churned at least 4 Macquarie offerings in the last 12 months and am about to go for the next offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Currently Active Users

Back