Is there a better card [than direct sweep to QFF]?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadeqld1123

i have been involved in discussion recently with the ffcommunity re award programs and flight bookings with points. it's as clear asmud

i have an Amex. Plat & Ultimate,citibank select visa. all tied to QA. 90% (approx 70-80, 000 points per month)comes from ATO payments. all ATO go through citibank visa. fees are cheaper andi at least get a 1 for 1 transfer to QA. i have over a million points with QAand i am looking for the best visa card which is tied to alliance.

i can change my citibank card to un-enroll from QA. and leave pointssitting in my citibank a/c. then transfer them to either Krisflyer or Velocityas i choose. problem here is, i can only tfr a minimum 15,000 points/miles at aconversion rate of 1.5 citibank points to 1 krysfler/velocity. which = 15,000citibank to 10,000 points/miles. which is .6666666% earn

whereas; QA is at least 1 for 1.

without reading every visa card on offer terms & conditions, anysuggestions which is the best visa that i can transfer to a star allianceairline, or perhaps leave the points in the cards award program and transferthem at my leisure to an airline with a higher conversation rate to the airlineof my choice:?:

regards

jadeqld1123

Re: Is there a better card

Amex points are one for one with Krisflyer, and you have a lot better chance of getting a first class seat with Singapore than with Qantas, in my experience.

Re: Is there a better card

Problem here is, I can only transfer a minimum 15,000 points/miles at a conversion rate of 1.5 citibank points to 1 krysfler/velocity. Which = 15,000 citibank to 10,000 points/miles, which is 0.6666666% earn

Whereas QF is at least 1 for 1
Points/miles in different freq flyer programs are not equal.
You need to look at what XX points/miles in each FFP will get you: not just the base amount of points/miles
Each FFP has different rules, different co-pay fees and different points/miles needed for awards - upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back