HSBC Apple Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisFlyer

Established Member
Good news - HSBC Australia now supports Apple Pay. Added my Qantas card today with no problems and also used it without issue.

You get transaction alerts just like with AMEX Apple Pay, but am yet to see if that's only for Apple Pay purchases or all transactions (don't use the card much - only where Amex isn't accepted).

Took forever to set up Apple Pay for my additional cardholder though (has a different card number). Only option given to verify was to call HSBC, took them about 15 minutes but they were able to do it from their end and the phone popped up an alert that it was now active.

Glad to have it finally set up! Remember it was only a couple of years ago that HSBC didn't even have Paywave on the real Visa card and I'd always be apologising for the lack of Paywave when cashiers tried to wave the card!

I wonder how long before the other big banks eventually give up? I closed my accounts with one of them. I found it very easy to avoid places that don't accept it, and now very rarely need an actual card.

I'd say a while. They don't want to give up xx bps of every transaction to Apple.
I am surprised that they aren't more agreeable to Android Pay which doesn't take the same cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back