How to make a complaint and be heard at AMEX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Hopeing somebody might be able to offer some input. My other half requested a points gift from her MR account to mine so we could redeem a couple of flights for an upcoming trip. That was about 12 working days ago. Faxed the form through as I've done in the past and sat back and waited.

In the past the transfer has, in my experience, only taken a couple of working days, so when it hadn't appeared by working day 4 I called and checked to make sure they had received it. Spoke to the rep who confirmed it had been received and was being processed by the MR department however as stated on the form it could take up to 5 working days. He advised it would probably be done or the following at the latest. No problems at all with that.

When it hadn't appeared by working day number 7 I called back and asked what was going on. The rep advised that she would speak to MR and call me back that afternoon. Never heard back

Called again on working day 8. Spoke to another rep who could see from call notes that the previous rep should have called and promised to have her call me back within the next few hours. Never heard anything.

Called again on working day 10 and spoke to another rep. Detailed to him that whilst I was annoyed at the lack of points appearing in my account, I was getting more frustrated with the lack of communication from AMEX over what should be a very simple request. He promised to call me back the following day. At this point I asked what the process of making a complaint was. He told me that there is no such process however if I tell him my grievances he'll "make a note of it". I found this hard to believe but ... what would I know.

The following day he does call me which was nice. However he advised that the MR department hadn't got back to him so there is no news. I asked to speak with a supervisor who duly came on the line and outlined that there was nothing he could do about it either as the MR teams are split up between Argentina and Australia (where he was not from) and the only contact they had with them was via email. He also stated there was no real way of making a complaint, but I could give him my 'concerns' and he would 'make a note of it'.

So thats my little rant. What I was hoping one of my learned friends here might be able to do is advise if there is actually a avenue through which one can make some sort of complaint to AMEX? Or is it just a matter of everybody 'making notes'.

I'm not beyond frustrated about the points gift that hasn't occured and more pissed off at the lack of response from AMEX.

I haven't had the need to try it with Amex, but I have had a very good response by posting on other company's Facebook pages. One thing they HATE is complaints in a public forum and will usually bend over backwards to get you sorted out.

Thanks for the tips guys. I had some discussions with another member this morning and where somewhat more positive. I'll wait until next week before rattling the cage.

Cheers,

Use any of the Sydney mailing addresses (GPO boxes) for Personal Card Products and add the Department Name: "Executive Correspondence"

Address the complaint to the Managing Director and you should get a response from the team - they are based outside the call centre (or used to be anyway)

Use any of the Sydney mailing addresses (GPO boxes) for Personal Card Products and add the Department Name: "Executive Correspondence"

Address the complaint to the Managing Director and you should get a response from the team - they are based outside the call centre (or used to be anyway)

yohy?!, Just wanted to say thank you for this tip. Followed your instructions and had my complaint resolved very quickly! As a result, I will not be leaving Amex.

So thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back