How do I get a referral for the Business Accelerator Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooky

Do I just PM someone?
I don't understand a recent post which mentioned Facebook link

Interesting card that does 2MR points for all spending.

Is it possible to get this card without being a sole trader?

Interesting card that does 2MR points for all spending.

Is it possible to get this card without being a sole trader?

Maybe they will ask for an ABN...maybe not. Easy way to find out is to apply for it I suppose. Would you like a referral. ;)

edit: Definitive answer from amex site - *Only Sole Traders & Companies are eligible to Apply Online.
An ABN should do it.

Last edited:
Maybe they will ask for an ABN...maybe not. Easy way to find out is to apply for it I suppose. Would you like a referral. ;)

edit: Definitive answer from amex site - *Only Sole Traders & Companies are eligible to Apply Online.
An ABN should do it.

I don't have an ABN.
I am curious about this card simply as it gives 2MR points on every purchase. I guess i may not be eligible to apply.
What does the referral give?

You get 10k.
Why not go the Plat Edge route. 15k sign on bonus. 3 points at supermarkets and 2 points for fuel. Use gift card purchases at supermarkets for 3 points at a number of outlets incl. DJs, Myer, Dick Smith etc. Just bought some grog at Dan Murphy today for 3 points using gift card.

Last edited:
You get 10k.
Why not go the Plat Edge route. 15k sign on bonus. 3 points at supermarkets and 2 points for fuel. Use gift card purchases at supermarkets for 3 points at a number of outlets incl. DJs, Myer, Dick Smith etc. Just bought some grog at Dan Murphy today for 3 points using gift card.

Namely because i won't be able to abuse it so much.
I have a fuel card for my car, so that's half of the benefits. I can get wish cards for 5% off so that covers the other half.

Back when I held my CBA cards, it was simple, use the amex whereever i could and get more points.
Now i have the citi signature card, and it makes me twich when I use it at places that accept amex without surcharge.
In terms of miles redemptions the edge won't offer me much vs the signature at these non supermarket/petrol places.

I'm just after an amex that would consistently be better than the citi regardless of where i use it.

edit : To be fair, the edge does appeal to me (namely for the flight) but i'll likely get it via the gold charge route.

Last edited:
Then the Platinum Reserve CC could be the go. 3 points/$, $395p.a., 40k sign up bonus. Complimentary Virgin domestic/international flight. By international I think they mean NZ.

Then the Platinum Reserve CC could be the go. 3 points/$, $395p.a., 40k sign up bonus. Complimentary Virgin domestic/international flight. By international I think they mean NZ.

I don't think the reserve is 3ppd everywhere, think that's 3 points/$ at restaurants. I do eat out a lot, but none of the ones I eat at are on amex's list, which unfortunately for Melbourne is a pretty pitiful list.

I don't think the reserve is 3ppd everywhere, think that's 3 points/$ at restaurants. I do eat out a lot, but none of the ones I eat at are on amex's list, which unfortunately for Melbourne is a pretty pitiful list.
Yes once you read through everthing there it is....3 pts restaurants, 2 pts airlines...you;d want to be awefully hungry.

edit : To be fair, the edge does appeal to me (namely for the flight) but i'll likely get it via the gold charge route.

Gold charge has 30k sign on atm but only 1 point/$ and yes the plat edge as a sup card for the same annual fee.

FYI I have the Amex Plat Reserve I'm not sure which restaurant list of Amex's you are referring to but it gets 3ppd at all restaurants. I'm in Brisbane and I've received the triple points from a very wide variety of 'restaurants' from fast food (subway, mcdonalds), small cafes, high end restaurants, bars and even my local coffee shop. The only time it has missed has been the occasional combined restaurant/bar set up.

For me the card fee paid for itself as I had to go to Perth which is at least $395 rtn. Just my 2c :)

Thank you for sharing your your experience davetonio and welcome to AFF.

FYI I have the Amex Plat Reserve I'm not sure which restaurant list of Amex's you are referring to but it gets 3ppd at all restaurants. I'm in Brisbane and I've received the triple points from a very wide variety of 'restaurants' from fast food (subway, mcdonalds), small cafes, high end restaurants, bars and even my local coffee shop. The only time it has missed has been the occasional combined restaurant/bar set up.

For me the card fee paid for itself as I had to go to Perth which is at least $395 rtn. Just my 2c :)

Thanks for your input davetonio. Something to ponder

Has been my experience for me too (on the Plat charge). 3x on all food spend basically, including bars.

Only thing that sucks is I spend a quite of bit at hotel bars as my usual drinking place is at the Four seasons sydney and all my spending there only gets 2x because it gets billed under the hotel's central billing system, which makes it think it is a hotel spend and not a restaurant/bar spend.

What city are you in for this spend mitwg?

Sydney.

I go to Grain at the Four seasons, Blu bar at the Shangri la and Glass at the Hilton quite often, but mostly spend at Grain as they have my choice of champagne there as the house champagne. All 3 places gives 2x points only.

Points wise, Shangri-la at least gives me hotel points however (I'm Shang DM) so that makes up for the missing AMEX points.

It definitely is.

In fact most of the bars I go to (the non hotel ones) generally do all accept AMEX these days so although I get a second hangover when I see how much was spent on a night out, I literrally rack up points in the viscinity of 4-5 figures per night out so atleast that makes me feel better to an extent.

Same goes for restaurants as well.

The Business Accelerator has an annual cap of 200k points then it reverts to 1:1 . Also they want to see your profit&loss statements for I think 3 to 6 months. I tried for it but my company shares are in family trusts and they wanted to see all the trust deeds etc as my wife was the benificierary . Dang go to much, so I left it. I'm with the Edge and it works just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back