Hilton Macqaurie Creditcard -1st year $99 seems like a good offer but it ends today

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze

Hilton Macqaurie CC-1st year $99 fee - bonus 40000 HHonors points - but it ends today

Hi everyone

I got this offer when I signed up for Hilton HHonors on the weekend

Hilton HHonors Macquarie Platinum Card

Reduced annual fee of $99 for first year

bonus 40000 HHonor points if spend before September

plus usual card benefits

Gold status

free weekend stay

and upgrade to diamond status is spend $40000 in one year

but it looks like it ends today

I applied because I don't have gold status with Hilton - seemed like a cheap way to get it for a year and then see how it goes

It was a link sent to me - so im not sure if it is just related to my application but I am happy for you to give it a go

I got a great fee free for life credit card from citibank from this website - so I thought I should try and return the favour.

Cheers

Last edited:
Re: Hilton Macqaurie CC-1st year $99 fee - bonus 40000 HHonors points - but it ends t

Looks like they extended it. Offer now expires 31/10/15. Pretty good deal!

Re: Hilton Macqaurie CC-1st year $99 fee - bonus 40000 HHonors points - but it ends t

They always seem to extend the deal - the citibank fee free for life deal seem to drag on forever

Not being familiar with Hilton Hhonors - is 40000 points enough for a free night ?

They always seem to extend the deal - the citibank fee free for life deal seem to drag on forever

Not being familiar with Hilton Hhonors - is 40000 points enough for a free night ?

Yes and no. It's enough for several nights at the lowest category, and less than half a night at the highest. Each HH point should have an upper value of around 0.005USD (half a US cent) or better if you play your cards right.
At those levels though, spending the 40k on the card to get diamond doesn't work out as favourably as using a better card, most of the time, considering gold is frequently just as good.

Yes and no. It's enough for several nights at the lowest category, and less than half a night at the highest. Each HH point should have an upper value of around 0.005USD (half a US cent) or better if you play your cards right.
At those levels though, spending the 40k on the card to get diamond doesn't work out as favourably as using a better card, most of the time, considering gold is frequently just as good.

I applied for this one a few months ago and heard absolutely nothing.......until 2 days ago. They've asked for validation of income, which is not a drama......but I'm now not sure I want this card. 40k and a free night is OK I guess, but the 4x HH points is no better (IMHO) than the 2 x Amex points. If I cancel the application, will this adversely affect my credit history (ie - will it show as an application at all and if so, will it show as cancelled at my request or could it be construed as a rejection)?

Cancellation of cards/applications is not shown on the file. "Current Credit Providers" should not show Macquarie, unless you currently have another card from them.

There will already be a hit on your Veda file, of course, as a Credit Enquiry, which won't be removed for five years.

Applied for this aaaaaages ago ........ then they asked for payslips. Did that. Wait weeks. They ask for ID check. Did that. Wait weeks. Now they ask me to tell my employer to consent to release employment information.

All seems a little much for a card I asked for a $5k limit on? (with a 6 figure income - just). :confused:

Applied for this aaaaaages ago ........ then they asked for payslips. Did that. Wait weeks. They ask for ID check. Did that. Wait weeks. Now they ask me to tell my employer to consent to release employment information.

All seems a little much for a card I asked for a $5k limit on? (with a 6 figure income - just). :confused:

Same, same! They're either very busy or very useless! In the email they sent me back, after weeks of waiting, they said I needed to confirm income as they couldn't contact my employer! :D Yea right, I don't work for a backyard band....I felt like emailing back and asking them if they picked up the telephone and dialled the number!

A more cynical person might suggest that Macquarie are being very slow with these applications to make sure the cards don't get activated before the 31 October 2015 deadline for the current deal - from the terms and conditions (my emphasis):

'To be eligible for this offer, you must apply and be approved for a Hilton HHonors Macquarie Platinum Card before 11.59pm AEST 31 October 2015'

On a related note, it's now more than 8 weeks since my first spend and I haven't received the 40,000 bonus points - will try to muster up the energy to call Macquarie card services later today :(

'To be eligible for this offer, you must apply and be approved for a Hilton HHonors Macquarie Platinum Card before 11.59pm AEST 31 October 2015'
I was in two minds about whether to go with this card and now that you've pointed that out and I've not yet replied to them and it's now the 30th of October, I don't think I'll bother! :cool:

A more cynical person might suggest that Macquarie are being very slow with these applications to make sure the cards don't get activated before the 31 October 2015 deadline for the current deal - from the terms and conditions (my emphasis):

On a related note, it's now more than 8 weeks since my first spend and I haven't received the 40,000 bonus points - will try to muster up the energy to call Macquarie card services later today :(
The cynic in me thought the same thing. Luckily I called them today and they said I've been approved. Now to see if my points post after the qualifying spend.

Glad to hear you got approved in time to qualify for the offer.

I rang Macquarie on Friday afternoon about the missing 40,000 points (1st spend was 31 August) and happy to report the points are now in my Hhonors account.

The cynic in me thought the same thing. Luckily I called them today and they said I've been approved. Now to see if my points post after the qualifying spend.

Good news! Now to start dreaming where to spend those points :D

Even with this I'm going SPG in WAW - couldn't justify the Hilton prices when the location of the westin is so much better.

Hope they bring the point offer and reduced yearly fee back. Missed out.

It took me more than 8 weeks to get the 40000 points after many phone calls and much badgering - finally approved by a local rep rather than one in Manila. Added these to points I already had, purchased a few more thousand for about $150 and together with my free night, booked two nights at a top Hilton brand hotel that would have cost $1600 for $99 joining fee + $150.

Hope they bring the point offer and reduced yearly fee back. Missed out.

Don't panic too much. It was a reasonable offer, but nothing outstanding and as an ongoing card, it just didn't stack up. I'm grateful to 2tall4y who kindly pointed out that the expiry date of the offer was perhaps too close for comfort, when MacQ sat on applications for weeks and weeks. It simply wasn't worth risking the bonuses as then it would have been a very ordinary offer indeed.

It would be nice if they bring out an offer similar to that offered by Citi where you get 2 stay Weekend Certificates instead of the 1 only for spending a few thousand from the get go.

Would be nice if Macquarie ever got back to me...:confused:

As expected, Macquarie called me today after I applied safely within the promo period... I've emailed them with pay slips etc and advised them I'm not interested unless they still provide the reduced annual fee... I'm already self-maintained HHonors Gold so don't need the main benefit.

Still no new promotions for this card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back