Great Westpac Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopes2017

Its not often you have good things to say about the banks. But I found Westpac very helpful today when I called to cancel my card and was impressed by there flexibility.

Westpac have 2 of the best credit cards.
Unfortunately the Holden card is not continuing with the $3,000 car rebate in early October but the rebate run off lasts a further 5 years.
Westpac Kris flyer platinum cards are very,very hard to beat for international flights if you can qualify for these cards.

Westpac service at retail is improving because very few people go into a branch compared with a decade ago.
Pension day is a bad day for service usually.

So great that you're cancelling the card?:confused:

They offered me Platinum Altitude at approx half the annual fee for life and 1 year free annual fee period.

Suppose the offers depend on your spend level. I have been with other banks for over 10 years and a high spender with no such offer.

Westpac have 2 of the best credit cards.
Unfortunately the Holden card is not continuing with the $3,000 car rebate in early October but the rebate run off lasts a further 5 years.
Westpac Kris flyer platinum cards are very,very hard to beat for international flights if you can qualify for these cards.

Just wondering: what about it is substantially better than the Altitude, considering Krisflyer points expire? Earn rates are the same as Altitude even taking into account the conversion rates from what I remember, I could be wrong.

Kris points live for 3 years so you must have a spending plan.
The earn rate is 1:$1 on their Platinum Kris Visa and 1.5:$1 on their Platinum Kris Flyer Amex.
If you have not heard Singapore product is great but their redemptions have expensive taxes so be ready for a cash co payment.
I think we have been Westpac customers for about 27 years.

just thought i'd give some support where i can.

received an email this morning supposedly from Westpac Fraud section saying that fraudulent transactions maybe had gone thru my account.
thought it was suspicious that westpac had sent an email, as they have never done before so sent the email thru to the Fraud section, saying "i'm sorry i don't trust this".
5 mins later i received a txt msg from Westpac saying the same thing.
Rang the phone number on the back of my cards (which was the same as the email - as thought the email was a fraud too ) and sure enough 5 X fraudulent transactions on my CC had been stopped. Yes they were way out of character, and went thru transactions for a few days previous, and yes, all others were ok, so thank you Wetspac.
the thing is that on waiting for new cards in early December was told to wait between 5-7 working days.............sorry it was 10 working days altogether and 12 normal day all up, not good enough.
Opted for getting the cards delivered by Courier, so should have them on Thursday, 19th May 2011 at a cost of $50.00 to be paid by myself.
lets see what happens.
have written an email to my Person Customer Manager, as i have a significant amount of accounts / business accounts and cash with them to see if they waive the courier fees.
Standby for updates

KLN

and just to add,
checked my Altitude points too today, and there is an extra 750 points made up of 5 X Fraudulent transactions, it will be interesting to see what happens here, whether the points are subtracted or not.....................

Glad some people got good service from WestPac. Wife tried using hers for 2 weeks and was always declined (and was hounding me to pay off). Eventually she rang and that's when they told her they had bad transactions and they cancelled, no calls, no SMS just a letter a week after canceling.

Also wasn't happy, wife used to work for WestPac (her dad is also very high up in WestPac) so we had staff discount. 6 months after she left they said we would lose the discount. Rang anz, transferred the loan and managed a higher discount than the WestPac staff discount

Fraud $$$ re-imbursed as of last thursday. still got to keep the FF points YAY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back