Get off to a flying start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nooks

I signed up for a business charge card in May. After spending my first $1,000, I got the sign on bonus of 100K points. Happy days.

Last week I received an email saying if I spent $5,000 in the first 2 months, I'd get another 150K points! The fine print though says it's only for "new American Express Platinum Business Card Members who apply before 31 March 2016, are approved and spend $5,000 in the first 2 months of Card Membership"

On the one hand, it seems they've sent me the email by mistake, but it sure would be nice to get the points - 250,000 ascent premium points would get me a long way at the front of the plane...

Has anyone else got this offer and the extra points (the T's &C's also say it could take 8-10 weeks for the points to be credited so the offer will be well and truly over by then)?

Quick, spend some more. Prepay a few things and hope for the best.

I signed up for a business charge card in May. After spending my first $1,000, I got the sign on bonus of 100K points. Happy days.

Last week I received an email saying if I spent $5,000 in the first 2 months, I'd get another 150K points! The fine print though says it's only for "new American Express Platinum Business Card Members who apply before 31 March 2016, are approved and spend $5,000 in the first 2 months of Card Membership"

On the one hand, it seems they've sent me the email by mistake, but it sure would be nice to get the points - 250,000 ascent premium points would get me a long way at the front of the plane...

Has anyone else got this offer and the extra points (the T's &C's also say it could take 8-10 weeks for the points to be credited so the offer will be well and truly over by then)?

We just got our amex biz charge card and with the card we have a dedicated service officer / support officer who answers all our questions. She is great by the way, from day 1 and the initial questions about how we apply, to how we activate the card, to how we best use the benefits of the card. And we have asked a lot of questions.
I would imagine you would be able to do the same. The level of service with this card is dedicated, if you have time call (or email) and I am sure they will give you a quick answer.
And on a gamble, like someone mentioned earlier, I would load up some utility accounts (phone, energy, buy grocery cards) and roll the dice. Win, win, the bills are paid in advance and you may get a great bonus of some points.
Goodluck.

Go for it and if you don't get what they say then you have the proof to get it anyway

I think they meant to say spend 5000$ in 2 Months and get 150k total ?

I signed up for Amex Plat Business couple of weeks back with their 100k points offer. I charged like 20-30k straight on it and I received 150,000 Points on it. :)
I did not get any email as such which you received but yeah I am happy to take those 150k points.

Thanks for clarifying. I've already got my first 100k. Have spent $4895 so far so will have to finish the $5k and see what happens

After my first $1,000 spent, I received the 100,000 points as per my original offer. After I had spent $5,000 no love so I called them. Amex have given me an extra 50,000 points to honour the promotion in the email which is better than nothing (but not quite as good as an extra 150,000 points).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back