Gateway rewards vs Ascent

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClassicDave

Hi All,

This might seem a silly question as i'm new to AMEX but is there any way of transfering all of my Gateway points to ascent without penalty?

I've read on OZB somewhere that some ppl were able to link their accounts and therefore transfer to ascent in order to convert the points to frequent flyer programs at 1:1 instead of 4:3...

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as always :)

Thanks,
David

Hi All,

This might seem a silly question as i'm new to AMEX but is there any way of transfering all of my Gateway points to ascent without penalty?

I've read on OZB somewhere that some ppl were able to link their accounts and therefore transfer to ascent in order to convert the points to frequent flyer programs at 1:1 instead of 4:3...

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as always :)

Thanks,
David

There is no way to transfer points from Gateway to Ascent that I'm aware of, without penalty, with one exception.

The exception is if you have a AMEX Explorer card linked to Gateway and another AMEX card linked to Ascent (eg an Edge or Plat Charge etc). In this case may people have reported that is possible to get the Explorer card linked to your Ascent account (ie earning points to Ascent on the Gateway program) and your existing Gateway points transferred on a 1:1 basis. Apparently your best bet is to call AMEX outside Aust business hours and get an OS operator to make the changes.

If you are interested in this option extensive details can be found in the Explorer card thread here (although you might need to read a few pages - well worth it of course): http://www.australianfrequentflyer....ions/explorer-credit-card-new-amex-77925.html

Good luck with your quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back