Future Dated BPay not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIA1A

Hi Guys,

Are any of you having difficulties setting up future dated BPay payments at the moment (Sat 22 May)?

I have tried to set up payments to several different billers for this coming Monday, 24 May and get the following error message:

I'm sorry. Either you have entered an invalid account number or the last transfer date is beyond the limits set for this transaction.Please call CitiPhone Banking for further assistance.

I have done many BPay payments to the relevant billers in the past without incident.

Also, a future-dated BPay payment that I organised some weeks ago bombed out - I received an auto-email from Citibank today saying "Declined Scheduled Payment/Transfer. Your scheduled payment was not processed. This was due to OTHER: THIS COULD INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INVALID BILLER CODES AND BSB" (sic)

I have called CitiPhone Banking and been advised to use another bank or payment method - in other words, go away!

The Citi operator was not interested in the email - I offered to send it to her but was advised that Citi does not have an email inbox!

My advice: Be vary wary of the Citi payment scheduling system - it is quite likely that scheduled payments will fail. (Note - this problem also reared its head with me several months ago.)

Is anyone else having hassles with the scheduling of payments, or the execution of scheduled payments?

Citi's IT systems really are dubious - under-investment for years is quite likely the reason - it doesn't help that the bank istelf is a financial basket case, I guess. Aussie banks seem to be light years ahead by comparison.

Happened to me about 9 months ago-couldn't get it to accept some,others declined,another that was for a payment on 2 consecutive months had both payments the first month.
Never use the function now.Will almost certainly ditch the card in 2 months before next renewal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back