Free Flights with Velocity Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danae Keen

Hi all!

I know this has been covered before but there seems to be conflicting results so thought best to start a new thread.

Looking at booking ADL-SYD using my free return domestic flight on my AMEX Velocity Platinum. It will be for my husband travelling with my son (1) on his lap, in September.

I want to upgrade this to business class using points. I know it is more economical to just use points straight off, but the free flight will otherwise go unused.

From the looks of this: How to use the free American Express Virgin Australia flights this shouldn't be an issue. Is this the case? Will our son on his lap complicate things at all? Also, are there restrictions on when business upgrades are available (we will be travelling at non-peak business times so don't imagine seats will be sold out).

TIA - I feel totally confused by it all and am pretty keen for, at the very least, to get the flight back in business as my husband is doing the Sydney Marathon (and I will be travelling in business as we will also have a newborn on our hands).

I haven't tried, but my my upcoming free flights have points upgrades available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back