First EDR purchase not credited?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tocal

Intern
Just need to get this little rant out: when my husband and I first moved to our new suburb (where Woolies is the local), we signed up for an EDR on our first, massive shop of >$400, figuring we'd get the credit. Looking at my points, though, I saw that we hadn't received them, and so called up.

Apparently, because I wasn't a QFF member at the time of the first shop, I didn't get any points. I said "but, I was an EDR member with my card, shouldn't I have gotten EDR points?" and she said no, since you're earning FF points you don't get them credited.

Does that sound really ridiculous? I think I'm mainly annoyed because it would've been 400+ points, but I also do think it makes the temporary membership card almost redundant, because I think a lot of people probably first grab one when they've done a big shop and start thinking "oh, this might be worth it".

/end rant

Well it is all to do with the sequencing. You really need to be signed up with EDR and Qantas before you do that shop.
In your case it seems you were signed up for EDR, but not Qantas, hence EDR had nowhere to credit points.
There is no such thing as EDR points, as far as I am aware. The points you earn on EDR convert to Qantas points.
But of course didn't in your case. A few bonus offers of points should fix the missing points. Just make sure they have your email address. :)

Yeah, I've become quite fanatical about finding ways to find points now, it just really annoyed me because it seems so silly. I understand the reasons, they just seem silly :) (and yes, definitely have my email address!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back