FHR 4th night free offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

motlking

Intern
Hey guys,

just looking at AMEX Platinum Charge Fine Hotels & Resorts and on the website it says that some are also eligible for the complimentary 4th night free offer.

Has anyone booked this yet?

The Fine Hotels & Resorts usually include the following:

• Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available.
  • Noon check-in, when available.
  • Daily breakfast for two people.
  • In-Room Wi-Fi, exclusions apply.
  • Guaranteed 4:00 pm late check-out.
  • Free US$100 hotel credit or similar
When I try to book for a FHR hotel that has the 4th night free offer I cannot see the 4th night free when selecting that offer and also it seems when selecting a room there is two seperate ones (one with the FHR inclusions and a seperate room with the 4th night free offer?).

Can someone who has booked clarify these details?
1) Can you get both offers?
2) Is the 4th night free already included in the total price or is it deducted later?
3) Does the yearly $300 free travel credit (for AMEX Platinum) automatically get deducted if I haven't used it?

Thanks!

Amex FHR rate should have a black background banner with white word "fine hotel and resort" next to the picture of the hotel.

Another way to check is on the check out page, a fine hotel and resort would say "amount due to hotel" as opposed to "amount due immediately".

Another way to check is on the room rate the description should say "FHR rate" or "Amex Fine hotel and resort rate"

Lastly a FHR rate have a field that allows you to enter your membership number of your hotel program.

In relation to the 4th night free some rates already include whether as some rate's done, to fine out there is a little question mark in a circle next to the final rate and it will say whether the 4th night has already been taken off or not.

I recently booked 4 nights in St Regis in Singapore. As I have put in my SPG number the reservation showed up in my SPG account immediately after booking and is a fully flexible rate.

Thanks Haplo. Hopefully no troubles with getting the 4th night free when checking out. Also forgot to take into account the 3% international currency conversion fee.

Now does anyone know how to use the $300 travel credit on the amex site?

I actually called Platinum Travel Service to confirm the rate does not factor in the 4th night free prior to booking online. You can then either ask PTS to book on the spot for you, or do it yourself online later.

anyone worked out a way to access FHR rates without having a platinum direct card?

They are only available to Platinum and Centurion holders and payment must be made on one of those cards.

You may wish to look at finding a travel agent with a Virtuoso affiliation instead. Many of the properties are shared and the benefits can be quite similar.

They are only available to Platinum and Centurion holders and payment must be made on one of those cards.

You may wish to look at finding a travel agent with a Virtuoso affiliation instead. Many of the properties are shared and the benefits can be quite similar.

i had read potentially AMEX travel also had access to the same rates. the particular hotel i'm looking at offers 3rd night free through FHR, but 4th night free through other channels such as virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back