Eligible for sign up bonus points if I've had a bank issued Amex card in the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickd

Hi,

The conditions for receiving bonus points for signing up for a new card directly from American Express Au say only "new" customers receive the points. I've got an ANZ issued Amex card, if I sign up for another card with American Express directly will I get the bonus points or will I not be considered a new customer?

Re: Eligible for sign up bonus points if I've had a bank issued Amex card in the past

You will be a new customer as there is no connection between the two kinds of cards.

That's like saying that because you've had a Visa card issued by ANZ that Citibank wouldn't consider you a new customer for a Visa card because you've had one issued by someone else before.

American Express is unique in that they are both an issuer and a scheme... In this case you have used them as a scheme before (for the ANZ card), however you have never had a card issued directly by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back