Earn/burn tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzyss

Does there exist a table somewhere which lists all of the credit cards and award programs earn/burn rates?

e.g. the ones I have:

Westpac Altitude Platinum Amex earn: $1 = 3pts
Velocity burn: 1pt = 0.5 Velocity pts (effective rate - 1.5pt/$)
Krisflyer burn: 1pt = 0.5 Krisflyer pt (effective rate - 1.5pt/$)

Westpac Altitude Platinum Visa/Mastercard earn: $1 = 1pt
Velocity burn: 1pt = 0.5 Velocity pts (effective rate - 0.5pt/$)
Krisflyer burn: 1pt = 0.5 Krisflyer pt (effective rate - 0.5pt/$)

Citibank Gold Visa earn: $1 = 1pt
Velocity burn: 1.5pts = 1 Velocity pts (effective rate - 0.66pt/$)
Krisflyer burn: 1.5pts = 1 Krisflyer pt (effective rate - 0.66pt/$)

Last edited:
Wow, no takers. Really? Should I take this to mean that no such thing exists, or that it's a stupid question and if I just improved my Google skills some more there are a hojillion of them out there waiting to be discovered?

I'd imagine if there isn't a table of them already, compiling a list would take quite a bit of effort?!

Well if everybody wants to pitch in with their own CC's, I'd be happy to compile them into the OP. I might even be able to throw up a Web page of them somewhere if it gets serious enough.

If its purely just earn/burn tables then I guess it will be ALOT of work and probably too time consuming to create one.

If you then need to factor in the cost of the card as well - as this factor is an important one when it comes to choosing a card - then it becomes MORE than ALOT of work to create one.

Just as a card can earn/burn well - the annual fees imposed may be skyhigh compared another card with reasonable earn/burn but has low fees.

Anyway, to assist ;) my cards are Citibank Platinum (which you have covered) ANZ FF Platinum (which is purely 1:1 and only to QF), Amex Rewards Maximiser (which I really don't know how it works yet) and Wizard Clear Advantage which has no points program.

I'd participate but my income is so low/non-existent that I don't qualify for a CC with any bank. Therefore I have no information.

If you then need to factor in the cost of the card as well - as this factor is an important one when it comes to choosing a card - then it becomes MORE than ALOT of work to create one.
Good idea. Maybe annual fee should be included as well?

Who knows, maybe this can become THE card comparison table. Until it becomes out of date in a week. Anyway, to get the ball rolling i'll chuck in a couple of my cards earn rates (not sure of burn numbers):

AMEX Gold (professional association). $0 annual fee. Ascent Rewards, $0 annual fee. Earn 1:1 MR points. (or QFF direct sweep I believe). No cap.

Burn rates- Standard MR rates.

Citibank Platinum. Free for life. QFF $19 annual fee. Citibank rewards $0 annual fee. Earn 1:1, capped at (80000?)

Burn rates- No idea

ANZ QF Platinum- Free with loan. $1:1 until $2500/month then 1:.5 onwards.

Burn rates- Standard QFF rates.

I'm sure someone else can fill in the burn rates.

It would not be easy to compile a list of credit cards with annual fees, earn rates and burn rates as most of these factors change with each promotion. Also I tend to think that most people are comfortable with current credit cards in their possession and do not go searching for another credit card that regularly.

I have an Amex Gold with no annual fee and enrolled in Ascent for $80 a year. The Gold card earns MR points at 1:1 but until June 30 it earns MR points at 1.5:1.

I also have an Qantas Amex premium card with no annual fee (should have asked them to waive the second year annual fee as well) and earns QFF points at 1.25:1 and as I only use it for Qantas Australian spend it effectively earns QFF points at 2.25:1.

Have no interest whatsoever in a reward program with a Visa/Mastercard as I do not spend enough money each year to justify the setup/maintenance costs in the credit card. I prefer to stick to Amex and cash for most of my spend....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back