Diners club-web problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drron

Veteran Member
I have been trying to see payment details for my DC account on the net but the last item is the 11th June.I have used it since and still being accepted.For over a week I have been trying to phone them but you just cant get through.The message mentions delays in statements but I suspect their site has crashed-does any one have any info?

They did a major software upgrade ~3 weeks ago, and they have run into "technical" problems a la C'wealth's Netbank...hence, you cannot see any transactions online from early June onwards. I have had a few choice words to Diners re this, esp. as I was trying to reconcile my end of financial year expenses. Everytime you ring, they say the problem will be fixed shortly!:rolleyes:

I phoned Diners Club customer service a week ago to check a payment had been received ok. The person I spoke to confirmed the website has had "technical" problems for the last 2 to 3 weeks. He was able to confirm that my payment had been received ok. I must have been lucky, I got through on the first phone call.

The same has happened with our corporate cards, we've been told it should be fixed next week... and extensions have been given on paying the cards.

We are having exactly the same problem; no online transactions since 11 June and no printed statement by mail (now 2.5 weeks overdue).

However, we have received many many replies of 'technical difficulties that will be resolved very shortly'! :)

Looks like it may be fixed-I could access my account last night and all recent transactions were there.

That's excellent news! Ours is still down but I'll keep checking...

Just had an e-mail from our finance department saying that there are still problems with this, and that it is affecting all Diner's customers (corporate at least, don't know about personal).

Internal company communication said:
This issue is still impacting ALL Diners customers ...
I take the capitalisation of "ALL" to mean all customers and not just corporate cards.

The first mention of the problem by our finance group was very early in July. So its now been almost 4 weeks since we were notified of a problem and Diners still have not fixed it. Its going to cost them a hefty sum just in holding all that credit for an extra 4 weeks or so.

Well i got access again early july and things were posted but again nothing since July 16th.
The main problem is that no reward points have posted for 3 months.I am currently shifting DC points to SPG then on to AA.I want to get LTG in January 2010 so that I have 2 years to use the EVIPS but also in view of persisting rumours to changes in Life time qualification-eg no longer counting CC points etc.

Well i got access again early july and things were posted but again nothing since July 16th.
The main problem is that no reward points have posted for 3 months.I am currently shifting DC points to SPG then on to AA.I want to get LTG in January 2010 so that I have 2 years to use the EVIPS but also in view of persisting rumours to changes in Life time qualification-eg no longer counting CC points etc.
I have been trying to TF DC points to Hyatt for the last 2 months...the points have gone missing into thin air...numerous calls to Diners have failed to resolve the issue!:evil:

Check out article re: Diners in the business section of today's Age online (sorry I can't post the link)...

A bungled technology upgrade by Diners Club Australia in June has resulted in four days of transaction history going missing, 30,000 merchants remaining unpaid, and an estimated $180 million loss of business for the merchant card provider.
''It's a total failure. An absolute disaster,'' a source close to Diners Club told BusinessDay. ''When you're changing systems and so on, you expect some glitches.'' But the Diners Club debacle has resulted in the company being unable to provide its core business, the source said. ''It's very serious.''
Diners Club is ''trying to recreate the files but it doesn't help that the call centre got moved to India and the poor (individuals) in the call centre aren't allowed to have any paper pens. And they cannot send any email,'' the industry insider said.

Diners Club Australia upgrade doesn't compute

Thank you so much for the link, love the article!

Well it sure looks like a right royal stuff up.Off with their heads.
Hope it does get fixed otherwise will make a dent in my run for AA LTP.

Anyone know anything new about the DC issue?
I can access my statements, but the rewards points and redemption options are still missing - a points balance only appears on the monthly statement, but can't still redeem online....

Anyone know anything new about the DC issue?
I can access my statements, but the rewards points and redemption options are still missing - a points balance only appears on the monthly statement, but can't still redeem online....

It's getting worse.

I can't get to my account details at all. I can access Diners Club Australia. I then click on "Personal Login" near the top of the home page and get the warning pop-up that has been present for months, which says:

"We are currently experiencing some problems with our Online Transaction Summary. As a result, some content in your online statement may not have been correctly updated. If you have any questions please call Diners Club Customer Service on 1300 360 060."

However, after clicking on the pop-up's "OK" button I get - nothing. The page where username/password normally comes up is not accessible - the link is dead.

Update: When I click on the pop-up's "OK" button I now get the "Online Transaction Summary" lead-in page but the Login button that it contains (leading to https://www.dinersclub.com/osrv/en_ra/online.jsp) is still dead.

Update 2: Link from the pop-up http://www.dinersclub.com/en/osrv_home/home_ra_en.jhtml is now dead again.

I note the warning on the Diners home page:

Important Notice for Diners Club Members

Diners Club Members may have recently experienced some servicing interruptions due to maintenance and system upgrades. We are rectifying these servicing interruptions as a priority and expect any issues you may have encountered to be resolved shortly.

Diners Club apologise for any inconvenience experienced by our valued clients and appreciate your patience during this period. Should you have any further queries regarding your account, please contact our Customer Service Team on 1300 360 060.

I'm getting the distinct feeling that Citi (Diners' owner in Australia) is starving Diners of operating funds and these problems are going to spiral. I think we would be unwise to leave much in the way of a substantial points balance in a Diners account. Nasty things start to happen when there's a financial mess on - note that Citi would probably be a basket case if it was not being propped up by the US Govt, which is now a major shareholder. Note also that Citi's share price has fallen from about US$50 before the GFC to around US$4 now. I think that, more than anything else, epitomises the problems at Citi - and the reasons why Diners is probably starved of operating funds. Given this situation it is difficult to see how a systemic processing problem at Diners will be fixed by Citi any time soon.

Thanks to those who posted the two Age articles, ie

http://www.businessday.com.au/business/diners-club-accounts-out-of-reach-20090731-e3mq.html and

http://business.smh.com.au/business/diners-club-upgrade-doesnt-compute-20090804-e7v5.html?page=-1 (including the subsequent Citi disclaimer).

It seems to me that the Age, despite Citi's protests, has pretty much got it right and that Citi is being less than candid in this matter.

I note also that Woolworths declined my Diners card today. I called Diners shortly afterwards, who claimed there was nothing wrong with the card. I'm now wondering whether Woolworths has decided to sever its Diners relationship.

I have a very queasy feeling about continuing to deal with Diners.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back