Diners Club bonus points issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyC

Established Member
I have a QFF linked Diners Club and didn't get credited with bonus points for a Qantas purchase. I've contacted Diners Club and they will be reviewing my account for the last six months to check for bonus points accruing. Going back and looking at my statements, I see there is at least one other occasion I haven't had bonus points credited. So for those of you who have Diners Club cards, it might be worth checking to see if you have missed out on any bonus points.

2-3 years ago when DC changed their IT system they were crediting points tha bore no relationship to my spend.I tried for 7 months to get it fixed and despite me sending in copies of all my accounts with my calculation of points they refused to believe me.Ended up with about 75% of points owing so I did not use it for 2 years-probably cost the a bit as av $25K going through it each month.
I have statrted using it again but watching like a hawk.

Interesting, I'm looking at this DC/Mastercard combo because of the combination of lounge access, travel insurance, earn rate possibilities via SPG and SPG Gold. drron how long have you been using the card again and have you experienced any problems yet? My main concern is that this is affiliated with Citibank and from my previous experiences in a couple of countries, Citibank can't organise their way out of a paper bag.

I have been with DC for 30+ years-mine is a fee free card though so no problem keeping it.
Lounge access is a good addon for airports with no OW lounge-but everyone accessing must have their own DC-so have all family have supplementary cards.
Another problem is preauthorisation-basically essential for any large charge-twice have been knocked back on a preauthorised charge as it was in USD-well that is what I was quoted-and their excuse is"but the $A price was a different number".Well doh.

Thanks for the response. I'm assuming your fee-free card is grandfathered and no longer available?

2-3 years ago when DC changed their IT system they were crediting points tha bore no relationship to my spend.I tried for 7 months to get it fixed and despite me sending in copies of all my accounts with my calculation of points they refused to believe me.Ended up with about 75% of points owing so I did not use it for 2 years-probably cost the a bit as av $25K going through it each month.
I have statrted using it again but watching like a hawk.

Thanks for the info! They promised turn around in 5 days so I'll watch closely to see if/when they deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back