Delay in Citi Select Rewards Point Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

digpomi

I made an ATO payment on my citi select card on 5th March. The rewards points have not updated to reflect the payment despite the transaction being shown in the statement. Previously the points would update within 48 hours. Has anyone else noticed any delay in the rewards points being updated.

The activity on my Select card makes reconciling quite difficult and Citi are not the people to call about this.
Have you paid the credit card to zero as I tend to have to do this two or more times a month. It never quite works out especially when you don't receive an Amex style points summary.
Be patient ,pay the account to zero and wait is my advice.
Avoid dialing their phone number is what I am really saying. We have always ended up with our points from all our payments.

Not in Cove's league but the card got an extremely heavy workout the past week with the agencies and monthly bills all working fine..
I am in the process of getting another credit card for the first time in quite a while and just finding what a pain the new financial conditions are for new cards. No problems rejigging the mortgage to whatever for whatever, but try and get a $10,000 woolies card and forget it. Having a $90k limit on two largely useless cards is a pain trying to replace them before closing.
Oh well, with Mrs B magically earning what I do, time for a card or two in her name.

A friend of mine also made a payment to the ATO on the 5th of March and he called me on the weekend to say that for some reason those points had not shown up in his account.

Digpomi: Can you update us when your points get posted to your account?

Thanks.

I have found that the points are normally allocated when the next statement is issued. So, for us, (not sure on your dates etc) the 5th would have been into the next month for the statement and will show up in the next one. This happens online for us as well.

Any chance that Citibank is finally "closing in" on ATO payments? Have you received points for purchases after transactions March 5th?

I have found that the points are normally allocated when the next statement is issued. So, for us, (not sure on your dates etc) the 5th would have been into the next month for the statement and will show up in the next one. This happens online for us as well.

Are you on CitiRewards or QF direct sweep? I'm on CR and always get my points a few days after the transaction (no matter what type). What you describe sounds more like what I'd expect on QF direct sweep.

Any chance that Citibank is finally "closing in" on ATO payments? Have you received points for purchases after transactions March 5th?

I'm concerned that may be the case. I'll test myself on the 21st... albeit cautiously.

digpomi, Korda, any further updates?

Points from my Dec quarter BAS still not posted now more than 2 weeks
slightly worrying!!

Are you on CitiRewards or QF direct sweep? I'm on CR and always get my points a few days after the transaction (no matter what type). What you describe sounds more like what I'd expect on QF direct sweep.

I'm concerned that may be the case. I'll test myself on the 21st... albeit cautiously.

digpomi, Korda, any further updates?

Hi

no we are on the normal citibank select card, no QF attachment.

I hope they are not closing in on ATO payments, I love those extra 100k+ points each quarter!

Must check our balance...

No Sign of points yet for my payment on 5th March, showed up on transaction list after 48 hours as per normal

No Sign of points yet for my payment on 5th March, showed up on transaction list after 48 hours as per normal

Very odd. Paid my BAS end of Feb and points seem to have credited. Will see how PAYG goes end of month. Hope there wasn't a Citi 'enhancement' from 1st March...

Same here - mine 28th feb no points and charge showed on account after approx 48 hours,
several other transactions including overseas have posted correctly since.

Same here - mine 28th feb no points and charge showed on account after approx 48 hours,
several other transactions including overseas have posted correctly since.

That's weird... I also had ATO charges on 28/02, and points for mine posted fine.

How new to citi select are the cardholders who did not receive points for ATO spend?

I did get points for my ato payment on citibusines card in late February(had triple points offer). However, I have not received any points for ato payments made on CitiSelect in March so far. I have had the card for over 6 months. Can anyone verify that they have received points for ato payments made on CitiSelect in March?

Just had a look at my account-BAS payment made 28th Feb showing on account March 4th and no points awarded.
It would seem like something may have changed March 1?

Mrscove got hers from a March entry. It is a QF points earn.

Last edited:
So, we've had a few reports of no points from March charges and one report from Feb charges, as well as a few reports of points posting from Feb charges and one report from March charges.

I guess it's possible this is a glitch, but I unfortunately think it much more likely that Citi have changed something. The question is what, exactly?

It would seem logical that it's no more points for ATO charges post Feb 28, but yet we have cove's report above. Is this itself a glitch? Or is there a difference based on how long the cardholder has had the card for, given early adopters didn't get the proactive no-ATO warnings? Or maybe depending on whether the card is CR or QF earn?

It'd be interesting to look at any variances based on these factors - those who have put ATO charges through recently, perhaps you could share your date of charge, points / no points, CR or QF, and how long approx you've had the card?

I'll kick things off: got points for a late Feb charge, CR earn, relatively early adopter (had card for more than 12 months).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back