Virgin
Platinum
Oneworld
Emerald
I have a 29K payment coming up for a contributory parent visa. The options are:

Cheque @ 0%
DC MasterCard @ 1.08%
Diners @ 2.91%

(Amex is 1.99% and would presumably come in as a government payment)

What would other cardholders do?

Do you have the type of DC that lowers points earned after $60k/year, and if so, would this payment put you over that threshold? Something to consider before making a decision. :)

Do you have the type of DC that lowers points earned after $60k/year, and if so, would this payment put you over that threshold? Something to consider before making a decision. :)

Wasn't aware there was a cap. I have the Diners/World MC combination. Thanks as I'll now double check

The cap only applies to Qantas DC and MC not through the DC rewards program so you're all good there Andye.

On another note, for an extra $849 paying with the DC to get a potential 87,000 rewards points vs. 36,250 on the MC, I'd be putting it on the DC.

The cap only applies to Qantas DC and MC not through the DC rewards program so you're all good there Andye.

On another note, for an extra $849 paying with the DC to get a potential 87,000 rewards points vs. 36,250 on the MC, I'd be putting it on the DC.

Thanks Keftetha. I hadn't heard of a cap and I think I would have triggered it before now

I was leaning to that. Although the extra DC points are incrementally more expensive, I think I'd still get good value (at 1.83c per AA mile say). Will be interesting to see if they will ask me to prepay or just need an approval

If it's a fiscal payment they will ask you to prepay as they "don't fund cash flow".

I would agree with Keftetha; put it on the DC, as the extra points are worth it.

87000 points can be transferred to 40000 SPG(assuming sending over 80000) and sent to any of the airlines for bonus 5000 points per 20000.

Enjoy!

The points came through as expected and made a nice contribution to my SPG balance. Thanks for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back