David jones AMEX 20000 point via referral + 2000 point per supp card before 31/08/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

uccoffee

5000 extra points + 2000 point per Supplementary card.
not as good as the 30K before, but still good.
Referal link
https://www.americanexpress.com/aus...Jones&CPID=999996062&MGM_URN=AAAAEhwSAw0fAQ==

• Earn points for all your everyday spending
  • Redeem your points for a wide range of rewards across the Membership Rewards program[SUP]2[/SUP]
  • Competitive Annual Card fee of
    $99 pa
  • Enjoy exclusive Cardmember privileges instore and online at David Jones

Re: David jones AMEX 20000 point via referral + 2000 point per supp card before 31/08

Anyone considering this card - be aware, the rewards scheme looks very similar to the standard Amex Membership Rewards scheme, but its separate and has different redemption rates .. just an FYI

Anyone considering this card - be aware, the rewards scheme looks very similar to the standard Amex Membership Rewards scheme, but its separate and has different redemption rates .. just an FYI

I suppose one can transfer DJ MR points to any of the partner airline programs at same rate as the standard MR scheme.

Re: David jones AMEX 20000 point via referral + 2000 point per supp card before 31/08

I suppose one can transfer DJ MR points to any of the partner airline programs at same rate as the standard MR scheme.

I'm really not sure about that. Since the cards appearance its been difficult to get good information and the web sites promoting the card are written up to lean on the standard Amex cards, but this card is not a std card. As for transferring to airline FF points, the short version T&C on the David Jones/ Amex website says this:

"10. To transfer Membership Rewards points into an airline rewards or frequent guest partner program you must be enrolled in Membership Rewards Ascent and be a member of the partner program. Membership of the partner program is the Cardmember’s responsibility and is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the applicable program. A joining fee may apply."

additionally:

David Jones - Membership Rewards | POINTS FOR CREDIT

Makes the points earned seem very different to standard Amex MR. There seems to specifically be no mention of conversion rates either which is a worry.

Anyway, I'm not trying to dissuade anyone getting this card, but just wanted to point out that normal caution is required - ensure its the product you think it is.

The screen shot is from DJ's website, regarding the transfer rate to airline partners.

headline-trav-5.png

Through Membership Rewards, you can transfer your points to any of our range of Airline Rewards Partner programs.
trav-logo-velocity.gif
2 points = 1 Velocity Point
For more information and to register visit velocityrewards.com.au

trav-logo-kris.gif
2 points = 1 KrisFlyer mile
or more information and to register visit krisflyer.com

trav-logo-atlantic.gif
2 points = 1 Flying Club mile
For more information and to register visit virginatlantic.com.au

trav-logo-airNZ.gif
200 points = 1 Airpoints Dollar[SUP]TM[/SUP]
For more information and to register visit airnewzealand.com.au/airpoints

trav-logo-malaysia.gif
2 points = 1 Enrich mile
For more information and to register visit malaysiaairlines.com

trav-logo-thai.gif
2 points = 1 Royal Orchid Plus Mile
For more information and to register visit thaiairways.com

trav-logo-cathay.gif
2 points = 1 Asia Mile
For more information and to register visit asiamiles.com

That's very disappointing. I'll be making a phone call to my RM this morning for a serious discussion.

I'm really not sure about that. Since the cards appearance its been difficult to get good information and the web sites promoting the card are written up to lean on the standard Amex cards, but this card is not a std card. As for transferring to airline FF points, the short version T&C on the David Jones/ Amex website says this:

"10. To transfer Membership Rewards points into an airline rewards or frequent guest partner program you must be enrolled in Membership Rewards Ascent and be a member of the partner program. Membership of the partner program is the Cardmember’s responsibility and is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the applicable program. A joining fee may apply."

additionally:

David Jones - Membership Rewards | POINTS FOR CREDIT

Makes the points earned seem very different to standard Amex MR. There seems to specifically be no mention of conversion rates either which is a worry.

Anyway, I'm not trying to dissuade anyone getting this card, but just wanted to point out that normal caution is required - ensure its the product you think it is.

I won't be recommending the Amex DJ card. DJ points cannot be added to other MR points account. :shock:

So, what are the options for using the MR points in DJ account? Surely, not gift cards.

I won't be recommending the Amex DJ card. DJ points cannot be added to other MR points account. :shock:

So, what are the options for using the MR points in DJ account? Surely, not gift cards.

Points for credit
$508,000
$10014,500
$25036,000
$50069,000
$1000130,000

DJ gift cards
$20
$50
$100
$25033,250
$500
$1000133,000

Now that you can transfer 1pt = 0.75 QFF pts, does it make it more worthwhile? Since you get 3pts at Supermarkets and Petrol Stations, thats 2.25 QFF per $1. Not a bad earn rate...

The 20000 points (or 15000 qantas points) still works via the link , but not the 2000 per supplementary cards promotion.

need to spend $500 within the 1st 2 months to be eligible for the 20000 bonus points

"20,000 Bonus Points when they spend $500 within the first two months of receiving their Card"
"
Offer expires 31 December 2013"

seems like someone use my referral recently through here. Please comment about your experience.

That would be me. Thanks! Got the 20k no probs, already showing in online account manager. Though was annoyed when the day I got the card on Black Friday DJs has a 30,000 point bonus. Wouldn't retroactively apply it though :-(

wow, 30000! i think I should cancel it and wait 1 year and join again when there's promotion... hard to deceide :(

wow, 30000! i think I should cancel it and wait 1 year and join again when there's promotion... hard to deceide :(

FYI- David Jones American Express Membership rewards do not convert to airline programs on a 1 for 1 basis. They convert on 2 for 1. Basically, 20,000 DJs MR points = 10,000 FF points. Not worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back