Customer Relationship Manager linked with Plat Reserve Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparoz

Something funny happen today. I am trying to cancel my free flight from the Plat Reserve Card today and after entering my card number, the usual options were not available. I pressed 0 for speaking with a customer service assistant and I ended with the Customer Relationship Management Team(?) and I would be put through to my Relationship Manager. I was asked to leave a message because my manager is busy and I was given the option to speak to another CRM. Now when I pushed for answers, she initially she said she is from the card services team and she doesn't seem to able to answer if it was with the Centurion service or not, and later she said I was route through Customer Relationship.

I tried the Centurion number after, but I was given the same option with Travel, Lifestyle and Cards. May be I should try speak to other enquiries and see what happens.

It would be good to be able to deal with the Cent team with Plat card issues in the future. Haven't heard from my relationship manager yet either as I used to have an account manager, so it would be very interesting to see if they would provide a better service than the lifestyle team or travel.

Just try through the Centurion maze and it ends up in the same place. So looks like they have linked all my accounts together to go to the same person which is a good thing. Wonder who deals with the Business Accounts then...

Hopefully I will get a relationship manager with a plat charge but I doubt it....

I am actually not sure if it is a good thing or not, this Relationship Care Professional thing. Over the years you kind of know which consultant is good with what in the Lifestyle team and you direct your queries to the appropriate person. Hopefully they will give a better service than travel though as I struggle with them. Recently we were trying to book at the Lakehouse at Daylesford. They advertised heavily on Departures and on Centurion, and the person who took my call never heard of the place. It was even on Masterchef recently and they have to check the next day. Booked directly with the hotel that night.

Basically I think it is about the spend you put on the card.I have a relationship manager even though a humble gold.But with a big tax bill and many trips this year a lot has been going through on my amex.

Something funny happen today. I am trying to cancel my free flight from the Plat Reserve Card today and after entering my card number, the usual options were not available. I pressed 0 for speaking with a customer service assistant and I ended with the Customer Relationship Management Team(?) and I would be put through to my Relationship Manager. I was asked to leave a message because my manager is busy and I was given the option to speak to another CRM. Now when I pushed for answers, she initially she said she is from the card services team and she doesn't seem to able to answer if it was with the Centurion service or not, and later she said I was route through Customer Relationship.

I tried the Centurion number after, but I was given the same option with Travel, Lifestyle and Cards. May be I should try speak to other enquiries and see what happens.

It would be good to be able to deal with the Cent team with Plat card issues in the future. Haven't heard from my relationship manager yet either as I used to have an account manager, so it would be very interesting to see if they would provide a better service than the lifestyle team or travel.

I think you need to be really clear here that you have a Centurion card and that would seem to be why they have linked your other cards to your relationship manager to assist with giving you a premium experience on all your Amex products.

It doesn't seem clear that this means that non-centurion members can or are likely to receive an RM, except based on extensive spend as indicated by the other poster who has a Gold card.

There doesn't appear to be any change to any of the Platinum cards to provide a relationship manager, other than perhaps an enhancement to your overall Centurion experience

I thought I was clear...

I thought I was clear...

The point I was making was that anyone clicking on the heading of this thread may think this is a new feature for all cardholders etc rather than Centurion holders...

Only at the end of your spiel about calling the Reserve line can it be inferred that you have a Centurion card.

I would personally expect that for $5000 the Centurion relationship manager should be able to look after all of your cards... I'd probably prefer to deal with dedicated Travel and Lifestyle staff for those features however as I think its a big ask to expect the staff to be a great expert in credit/banking, luxury hotels, airlines, restaurant bookings, travel itineraries and the like...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back