Credit cards you are cancelling post 2017 changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

cove

Enthusiast
I cancelled an ANZ Black credit card today. I was offered a year free but I don't need another points cap to watch out for when deciding which card to use. Titanium blades on 3M scissors work sweetly.

Citi Prestige is over for me - unless I get it fee free. However, I'll keep the "free for life" Signature
Westpac Black is going too - only have it for the free travel insurance and my new health insurance has a 12 month policy as a bonus

So far I've cancelled Westpac Black and my CitiBusiness was cancelled by Citi when approving my QF Premier.

Next month my WOW card will go through the shredder followed by my ANZ Black in Oct unless either of them offer a fee waiver.

At this stage I intend to keep the DJ Amex pending applications and approvals by +1.

Prestige cancelled a week ago ... was offered 15,000 citi rewards points to keep but not worth the 700 annual fee. Everytime I tried to use the 4 for 3 hotel deal, I ended up finding cheaper deals elsewhere. Anz black cancelled two months ago. Next to go will be Nab premium followed most likely by hsbc qantas card (churn cards )

I have canceled the ANZ Black before the annual fee kick in last month after the first year free with 75,000 bonus points . I asked for fee waived but they only offer 50% off . Not worth it for $7500 points cap per month with Visa only card . Looking to apply for new Qantas card with good earn rate non-amex as currently have Westpac Platinum with 0.5 / $

Citi Signature and Westpac Black will be retired. Both are no fee so they'll find a new home in my desk drawer. I like the car rental insurance with the Westpac card.

My new setup is an Amex Explorer and Amex Plat Edge with the St George Amplify Signature for rare Visa spend. All points go to SQ.

ANZ Platinum AMEX and Visa about to be handed in. The loss of the AMEX tie up did it for me. Mrs AUS ATC has just taken out a new ANZ Platinum Visa for $0 fee first year and 50k QFF points with me as a secondary card holder. Can't see us hanging onto it long term though, with a $295 annual fee.

NAB Platinum Qantas Amex going through the the shredder as soon as new Qantas MasterCard turns up to partner Amex Ultimate. Like others have said it is a pain in the freckle managing cap spends.

ANZ Black rewards cancelled plus Virgin Money VA. Nothing offered to keep ANZ and virgin money offered a 'free' card that offered no points earn

Anz Black cancelled before annual fee, no offer to keep or waiver but we needed to free up some credit anyway.

I cancelled my Westpac Black yesterday.

Although I tend not to hang on to cards long term - I don't often trouble the points cap and my main driver in cancelling is to reset any waiting periods for future offers anyway so the points reduction was an excuse as much as anything else.

Cancelled ANZ FF Black, NAB Qantas Premium and about to cancel the NAB Rewards Platinum. Keeping AMEX Platinum Edge, free Citi Signature and ANZ Travel Adventure. Strangely, Coles Rewards Mastercard looks like the best non-AMEX rewards points earner currently.

I recently cancelled my ANZ FF Black. Next on the chopping block is Westpac Alt Platinum and wifey's ANZ FF black.
At this stage wondering which card should I go for next. Have already applied / approved for 3 this year and 4 in last 8 months.

Cancelled ANZ FF Black, NAB Qantas Premium and about to cancel the NAB Rewards Platinum. Keeping AMEX Platinum Edge, free Citi Signature and ANZ Travel Adventure. Strangely, Coles Rewards Mastercard looks like the best non-AMEX rewards points earner currently.

Yes. You can get 1:1 for VFF if you wait for the 15% bonus transfers

Only catch is the annual cap which I've worked out to be about $5k/month spend.

Recently cancelled my woolworths visa card and a jetstar m/c. Have applied for an amex explorer card to keep up my supply of SQ points.

Yes. You can get 1:1 for VFF if you wait for the 15% bonus transfers

Only catch is the annual cap which I've worked out to be about $5k/month spend.

This is our next card (needed a new Visa/MC anyway) and happened to get flybuys 20k bonus points and Explore Gold offer with approval - at perfect time due to flights already booked.

I've already cancelled my Citi Free for Life Signature and NAB Velocity Platinum. Next up will be my ANZ black in a month or two.

I'm still getting heaps of use our of my AMEX Edge, Platinum Charge and Velocity Platinum (although I might switch this one to a Reserve when I get the chance). Just before I close my ANZ Black I'm going to open a Coles Flybuys Rewards MC and have that as my AMEX backup.

It will be a busy year of changing card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back