Conversion Commission on overseas refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mal

Enthusiast
Catching up with some older mail of mine, I got a letter from Amex last month that says:

Effective 9 July 2010, we will no longer refund the Conversion Commission for purchases made in a foreign currency when the goods or services are returned. Please note that we do not charge an additional Conversion Commission on returned purchases.

This letter only seems to apply to my Gold Credit Card Amex. I didn't get a similar letter for my Plat Credit Card Amex.

Amex do well out of refunds then, not refund to the merchant for their fee and no refund to the customer! Wonder how that fits with the TPA for Oz cards.

Catching up with some older mail of mine, I got a letter from Amex last month that says:

This letter only seems to apply to my Gold Credit Card Amex. I didn't get a similar letter for my Plat Credit Card Amex.
I got the letter for my Plat Credit Card Amex....moot point really, as I use my Wizard MC for all foreign transactions:idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back