Citibank - Surprise Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraken

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a package from Citibank. Inside, I found a letter introducing CB dining including a small bottle of wine. I'm impressed. Better than anything I had as Amex Plat.

It also comes with a rather thick booklet highlighting the fine dining establishments. Have you seen the lack of listed restaurants in WA??!?

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a package from Citibank. Inside, I found a letter introducing CB dining including a small bottle of wine. I'm impressed. Better than anything I had as Amex Plat.

I got the same a month or two back, but it was a full-size bottle of wine? Maybe different for different levels of card (I have Select)? I Googled the wine and it was fairly cheap - ~$15/bottle from Dan Murphys IIRC - but reviewed very well. I was impressed too - it's a small expense for them and goes a long way in terms of customer satisfaction.

Maybe the lack of Perth restaurants is to get us to fly east for dining with the wine option. For the last 6 months our 2 Citi cards have provided us with the largest numbers of Frequent Flyer points on SQ and QF. We received a bottle of wine in the mail as well.

I got the same a month or two back, but it was a full-size bottle of wine? Maybe different for different levels of card (I have Select)? I Googled the wine and it was fairly cheap - ~$15/bottle from Dan Murphys IIRC - but reviewed very well. I was impressed too - it's a small expense for them and goes a long way in terms of customer satisfaction.

Yes, you're right. It was a normal size. When I first opened the box, it looked small and somehow reminded me of those olive oil bottle. Can't remember the wine but it was a Cabernet Shiraz. I've been impressed so far.

Maybe the lack of Perth restaurants is to get us to fly east for dining with the wine option. For the last 6 months our 2 Citi cards have provided us with the largest numbers of Frequent Flyer points on SQ and QF. We received a bottle of wine in the mail as well.

Now, that's a good idea. :p

What Citibank card do you hold?

Picked mine up over the weekend, deep woods Cabernet Shiraz 2010, about $12 on Dan Murphy's, still it's the thought that counts I guess.

On a bit of a side note, How does citi make any money with this dining program they offer? Given they're paying say $10 a bottle every time I use the card, is this a way to entice me to use the card as my primary one? Ie so I make all other transactions through it also?

On a bit of a side note, How does citi make any money with this dining program they offer? Given they're paying say $10 a bottle every time I use the card, is this a way to entice me to use the card as my primary one? Ie so I make all other transactions through it also?

I don't think it costs citibank anything (Below are only my assumptions)

The terms and conditions for the program state
Citibank's Dining Program is operated by Pinpoint Pty Ltd ABN 49 002 693 656 and Zenith Wine Agencies Pty Ltd ABN 66 128 399 717

From their website:
"Zenith Wine Agencies is a joint venture between wine industry professional Linda Holmes and majority owner, Pinpoint Marketing, Asia Pacific's largest marketing and loyalty company, operating since 1985."

So I assume that the wine is provided by Zenith Wine as a promotion so that you try the wine and are then more likely to purchase another bottle if you like it.

The restaurant may also pay a nominal amount for the wine in the hope that you like the restaurant and come back again.

no doubt citibank pay a fee (in some way) to the wine agencies. I've used the dining program and never once had contact from anyone selling anything...

I received a package in the mail the other day, couldn't remember ordering anything so went to the post office to collect it today. Was Gary Mehigan's cookbook sent from Citibank for my recent rewards Platinum application; a nice surprise especially considering the no annual fee promotion :)

On top of the wine delivery my latest monthly account included 3 international payments so I scored 5 Citi Rewards points per dollar on the US AIR and Singapore Air GBP charges. Those bonus points convert to 3.33 Kris Flyer miles and if you can get lucky on redemptions you can get a retail value of 4 cents a point or more....I really like that on Citi Select!

I really like Citibank latest flyer from shortysliquor is gold. $199 for 2003 Dom Pom is really cheap, I'm actually not a fan though but overall the prices are really good so I think I'll order some good Pinot noir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back