Citibank Select/Signature when self employed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FromTheRail

I am finally getting my finger out of my butt and am sorting out my points earning so am looking to get one of these cards, still not sure which one yet, but before I apply, how are they when you are self employed and have only been operating in Australia for just under a year? I know Westpac are fine and will be going on Saturday to open an card and Amex would consider until being in business for 18 months.

I now have a Citibank Plus debit account with savings account attached and can transfer in a 6 figure amount, would this help my application?

Last edited:
Select generally requires a tax return with $120k taxable income but I know a member who still got this card without the income. Her circumstances were affected by a cyclone.

Income is fine, well above, just don't know if they will accept only 10 months of accounts

Income is fine, well above, just don't know if they will accept only 10 months of accounts
What did you do before you were self employed? I have a company but in my case wanted tax returns not company accounts.

experiencing the same problem. recently bought over a company, was unemployed before that.

they want 2 years personal tax statements OR $1 million term deposit for 6 months.

experiencing the same problem. recently bought over a company, was unemployed before that.

they want 2 years personal tax statements OR $1 million term deposit for 6 months.

If I had s spare mill I probably wouldn't worry about getting a credit card. Then again.......

When I got my Citibusiness Gold I think they accepted 3 months of bank statements in lieu of tax documents.

It's possible they contacted my accountant as well as I passed on their details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back