Citibank Select Kris flyer Swap rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Intern
Can anybody confirm that the Select rewards redeems at 1.5 pts per Kris point? My friend has spoken to 2 people at Citibank who claim it swaps at 1:1. (which makes it $1 = 1KFlyer )They said it was a different program to the Business Gold which I have that redeems at 1.5:1. ($1 = .83 Kflyer)

Can anybody confirm that the Select rewards redeems at 1.5 pts per Kris point? My friend has spoken to 2 people at Citibank who claim it swaps at 1:1. (which makes it $1 = 1KFlyer )They said it was a different program to the Business Gold which I have that redeems at 1.5:1. ($1 = .83 Kflyer)

Citi Select card (2 points per dollar) redeems to Kris Flyer at 1.5 Citi Rewards points per 1 Kris point.
This is equivalent to 1.33 Kris points per dollar spend.

Thanks Duffa
Do you have a Select card and have you redeemed at that rate? There seems to be no mention of the rate in any of the terms and conditions I can find online. I am interested in applying for the card but my friend has put me off.

This card is my favourite Visa card and I am confident Duffa and myself are not the only ones.
Redeeming is in 15,000 lots to create 10,000 kris points means you can get really good at your 15,000 times table.
1.33 kris points per dollar domestically and 3.33 kris points per dollar are excellent true conversion rates.
The $700 fee and the strict rules on getting the card are covered in other Citi threads.
I have points warehoused in my Citi Rewards account to avoid the three year expiry clock running over with Singapore Airlines.

Thanks Duffa
Do you have a Select card and have you redeemed at that rate? There seems to be no mention of the rate in any of the terms and conditions I can find online. I am interested in applying for the card but my friend has put me off.

Yes I do. And I have definitely been redeeming at that rate. $700 annual fee is a bit steep though, considering I have a free for life platinum which redeems at 1 Kris per 1 dollar. I have a high annual spend however, which makes the extra .33 points per dollar worth the fee.
Good luck with the Select!

Duffa;652084I have a free for life platinum which redeems at 1 Kris per 1 dollar. I have a high annual spend however said:
Hi Duffa, just wondering who your Platinum 1 to 1 card is with?

Hi Duffa, just wondering who your Platinum 1 to 1 card is with?
Citibank. Used to be gold card then platinum now "signature". 1.5 per dollar = 1 kris per dollar after conversion.

Citibank. Used to be gold card then platinum now "signature". 1.5 per dollar = 1 kris per dollar after conversion.

Thanks mate. I kick myself for not having taken Citibank's offer to upgrade to platinum several years ago, I'd probably be on Signature too now :(
I accepted the upgrade to Platinum in September last year though.

Thanks mate. I kick myself for not having taken Citibank's offer to upgrade to platinum several years ago, I'd probably be on Signature too now :(

I took the free upgrade to platinum from free for life gold, at the very first instance. Still stuck on platinum. Go figure.

Yes I do. And I have definitely been redeeming at that rate. $700 annual fee is a bit steep though, considering I have a free for life platinum which redeems at 1 Kris per 1 dollar. I have a high annual spend however, which makes the extra .33 points per dollar worth the fee.
Good luck with the Select!

Confirm, redeem at that rate as of this month.

Can get for $350 per annum if you are Citigold and go through your RM.

OK ermen what is an RM and how could I get one? Citi Select has become our highest used cards in the last 18 months and we have enjoyed the benefits after a rocky road start on each card. Riaz was the chap who approved my card and recently Mrscove had her limit increased. Her card limit is lower than mine which is unusual because we have always had very similar assets and net income.

Hi its quite simple - just put $100k with Citibank and you should get Citigold status. You will then be assigned a relationship manager (RM). You then ask him to decrease your Citi Select fee to $350 (mine just renewed at $350) - pretty straightforward and i did mine at Pitt St branch Sydney.

Was previously discussed here post 431 and 432
http://www.australianfrequentflyer....-platinum-card-travel-insurance-37231-44.html

Citigold

PS: i have no use for an RM but became a Citigold client just to get my fee reduced. Parked $100k in the Citi high interest online accnt instead of Bankwest. And like u, i have this card for the Krisflyer conversion rate and charge my international spend to it. I think its a great value card at $350 - and will cut up my Amex charge once it expires!

Hi its quite simple - just put $100k with Citibank and you should get Citigold status. You will then be assigned a relationship manager (RM). You then ask him to decrease your Citi Select fee to $350 (mine just renewed at $350) - pretty straightforward and i did mine at Pitt St branch Sydney.

The problem is that you then have to have $100K with Citibank. I don't really want to have Citibank manage $100K of my money. Or can you withdraw it after you get the $350 rate?

The problem is that you then have to have $100K with Citibank. I don't really want to have Citibank manage $100K of my money. Or can you withdraw it after you get the $350 rate?
Yes that is exactly what you do - just open an Online Saver Account - deposit 100K or above and you qualify for 1/2 price Select fee - once you all set just withdraw funds - it works perfectly.

Was previously discussed here post 431 and 432
http://www.australianfrequentflyer....-platinum-card-travel-insurance-37231-44.html

Citigold

PS: i have no use for an RM but became a Citigold client just to get my fee reduced. Parked $100k in the Citi high interest online accnt instead of Bankwest. And like u, i have this card for the Krisflyer conversion rate and charge my international spend to it. I think its a great value card at $350 - and will cut up my Amex charge once it expires!

Yes, very simple if you have a lazy $100k around that you're happy keeping in cash...

Yes, very simple if you have a lazy $100k around that you're happy keeping in cash...

Nah. Use the $100K to get waved past the road blocks at Citi, then move the cash back to something more productive. Takes a few days. With interest rates at current levels, even if you somehow miss out on, say, 4.5% interest for a week the cost in lost interest will be about $86. That easily justifies buying the $350 fee reduction for the card.

Nah. Use the $100K to get waved past the road blocks at Citi, then move the cash back to something more productive. Takes a few days. With interest rates at current levels, even if you somehow miss out on, say, 4.5% interest for a week the cost in lost interest will be about $86. That easily justifies buying the $350 fee reduction for the card.

And then Citibank send you a nice letter saying you no longer qualify for CitiGold and therefore all associated benefits will be removed...

And then Citibank send you a nice letter saying you no longer qualify for CitiGold and therefore all associated benefits will be removed...

Citi sends a letter after several months but the annual fee for the card doesn't get revised.

Citi sends a letter after several months but the annual fee for the card doesn't get revised.

It will be interesting to see what happens the 2nd year around - if they'll accept a new $100 in the account for a short time to be reassessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back