CitiBank Select - 60,000 points question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonoid

Hi everyone

I am seriously considering applying for Citibank Select Card for the sign on bonus (and enjoy 1.33 Velocity points to the dollar which is I believe the best non AMEX conversation rate out there).

However, upon reading the T and C's, it says you can choose between 60,000 Qantas points or 60,000 Citibank Rewards points. Given Velocity is my rewards program of choice, and that 1.5 Citibank reward points = 1 Velocity point, am I right in thinking that I will only earn 40,000 Velocity points if I sign on to this card?

Here is the detail:
  1. You have the choice of earning 60,000 Citibank reward points or 60,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points (if you enrol in the Citibank Qantas Rewards Program for an annual fee of $49 at the time of application) when you first spend on your card within three months of card approval. All Rewards are subject to the terms and conditions of the Citibank Rewards Program. Citibank reward points never expire as long as your account remains open. Current Citibank Credit Cardholders are not eligible to apply for this introductory offer. Offer ends 20 November 2013. and first spend on your card within three months of card approval."

Hi everyone

I am seriously considering applying for Citibank Select Card for the sign on bonus (and enjoy 1.33 Velocity points to the dollar which is I believe the best non AMEX conversation rate out there).

However, upon reading the T and C's, it says you can choose between 60,000 Qantas points or 60,000 Citibank Rewards points. Given Velocity is my rewards program of choice, and that 1.5 Citibank reward points = 1 Velocity point, am I right in thinking that I will only earn 40,000 Velocity points if I sign on to this card?

Here is the detail:
  1. You have the choice of earning 60,000 Citibank reward points or 60,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points (if you enrol in the Citibank Qantas Rewards Program for an annual fee of $49 at the time of application) when you first spend on your card within three months of card approval. All Rewards are subject to the terms and conditions of the Citibank Rewards Program. Citibank reward points never expire as long as your account remains open. Current Citibank Credit Cardholders are not eligible to apply for this introductory offer. Offer ends 20 November 2013. and first spend on your card within three months of card approval."

Yup, that sounds right to me,

you're better off applying, getting the QF points, and then after the first month, changing to Citi rewards (for velocity earn)

Yup, that sounds right to me,

you're better off applying, getting the QF points, and then after the first month, changing to Citi rewards (for velocity earn)

Yes seems that would be the best thing to do. Problem is I am booking some travel to Europe and would like to redeem a flight with Virgin Atlantic LHR to JFK. I have all my point and status with Velocity :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back