Citibank points transfer speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbd

Hi Everyone,
Am thinking of getting a citibank select card (mainly for krisflyer transfer). Could anyone share some experiences on:
a) speed of points transfer - I like to bank points (mainly with amex) then speedily transfer to krisflyer to snag those saver J fares!
b) 80 k bonus points - I already have a citibusiness gold so don't think I am eligible for these - anyone have any luck getting these points if already a citibank customer ?
c) future krisflyer transfer rate - any rumours for future plans to drop transfer rates (as seen in Qantas transfers...)
Thanks in advance for your help!

Your b and c questions I cannot comment on as you would need a time machine for c and they are in short supply and b I did not upgrade.
With b you could try a call but you could get different answers if you call them more than once.
Transfers are listed as taking up to 28 days but it is going to be 3 to 7 days unless they put your request into the too hard basket.
They transfer to SQ Kris in tranches of 15000 which become 10,000 Kris points.
As an example if you spend $90,000 they give you 180,000 Citi points which convert to 120,000 SQ Kris points.
Select is a Visa card so it is easy to use. I have kept my Amex cards just in case the earning rate gets changed.
Finally the barrier to entry on this card is the income proof of $120,000 and they sought a tax assessment but Imere12 upgraded recently without that proof but had excellent history from a lower level card from Citi.
You could PM Imere12 to get the answer on the bonus points.

I can help with the bonus pts issue I think.

I currently have CitiBusiness Gold and want to get to Select - I was hoping to circumvent the proof of income requirement by dropping 100K into a saver account - attain that CitiGold status cough they advertise and which I thought might put me higher up the pecking chain - but alas they won't fall or that.

They do indeed still require proof of income of 120K - I think I can get there but 10/11 assessment not completed as yet.

The contact I have been assigned with the CitiGold told me she formerly worked in the Select approval / verification dept and proof of income IS REQUIRED for all Select applics. Now whether that is true or not - how would you know - talk to 3 diff Citi reps and you will get 3 diff answers.

BUT - I have averaged about 25K throgh CitiBusiness in 6 mths - she hinted that Select will be approved if income reqs attained and YES - it will be treated as NEW application rather than upgrade so YES I will get 80K bonus points.

Well that is what I was told on Monday - it is now Friday - we may encounter a 180deg turnaround in 4 days but who knows.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for reminding me why I should not call them if I really don't have to call them.
Now I get calls from them if I have spent a lot.

Wow 14 years of history.....was the back office working in those days?
I am happy never calling each month unless I want to transfer points to Kris Flyer.

I transfered some points today from citibank to Virgin's velocity program. At the end of the transfer, it said the points will be transferred within 3 weeks.......... wow.

Hopefully, they will arrive much sooner.

1 velocity point = 1.5 citibank points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back