Citibank Plus - 5% cash back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great offer but seems it does only apply to new accounts. I've had this account for years and gave them a call asking if they would offer it to me anyway but nope. Wouldn't budge.

has anyone with an existing plus account tried opening a new one to see if they would qualify to get the 5 % rebate?

This is obviously a customer acquisition promotion - they arent going to open it to existing customers.

OP also forgot one of the biggest conditions
- deposit $3,000 or more each month

has anyone with an existing plus account tried opening a new one to see if they would qualify to get the 5 % rebate?

Yes.

Great offer but seems it does only apply to new accounts. I've had this account for years and gave them a call asking if they would offer it to me anyway but nope. Wouldn't budge.

Not to mention:

It's not really a credit card but I noticed that Citibank Plus has a current promotion of Cash Plus.

• New accounts,
  • 5% cash back on Visa pay wave purchases <$100,
  • maximum cash back of $150 per month,
  • running for 4 months

https://www.citibank.com.au/aus/banking/everyday_banking/citibank_plus.htm

This is obviously a customer acquisition promotion - they arent going to open it to existing customers.

OP also forgot one of the biggest conditions
- deposit $3,000 or more each month

Thanks. Sorry for forgetting that detail

they run this regularly - its probably worth a look in as credit card points get enhanced. id like to see more debit card rewards programs in Oz generally..

Has anyone seen any other of these promotions currently running? My Citibank promotion just expired on Friday and would be looking for a new one if available. Ta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back