Citibank Emirates Platinum Master Card. EK-QF FF program alignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brucek

Intern
I have been very happy with this product for several years. However the recent alignment of EK and QF frequent flyer programs has me concerned.

e.g. I'm unhappy about EK increasing the number of Skywards points required to purchase a ticket, to the same as QFF. e.g. MEL-SIN-MEL with EK was 45,000 points and on QF 60,000 points. Now both require 60,000 to redeem the same ticket.

Same here mate. It used to be one of the best CC reward program.
I spoke to Citi and they don't have any plans at this stage to change there program. I suggest you call them as well.

Totally agree - makes it very hard to justify the fee now. I'm cancelling if they don't make any adjustments (after all, the points must be cheaper for Citi to purchase now, so why not give us more?).

I spend ~$100k pa on the card, so there are plenty of other options out there.

If you spending 100k on Masatercard or Visa then this is the best card. Other FF credit cards are not attractive as this one. Any suggestion of alternatives ?

If you spending 100k on Masatercard or Visa then this is the best card. Other FF credit cards are not attractive as this one. Any suggestion of alternatives ?

I'm not sure how this figure has been calculated. Like so much general advice, it always comes down to the individual's own circumstances. e.g. in my own case I run a line of credit home/investment property portfolio loan and charge as much as I possibly can to this card each month, paying the balance off in full and never incurring interest payments. Under this circumstance this card is excellent.

My basic point however is EK have upped the number of points required to align with QF, and this disadvantages EK Skywards members making this now less attractive. I'd welcome commentary from Citibank about this. I'd be amazed if it doesn't trawl websites such as this one for remarks about its products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back