Citibank Emirates Mastercard

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardta

I had thought I'd found a great FF credit card with the Citibank Emirates Mastercard, but I have been sorely disappointed. This card advertises 1.25 Emirates points per dollar spent on overseas purchases, with no cap on the number of points that can be earned. After two months I have spent $20,000 overseas and received 4000 points, which makes a very poor return. Three calls to Citibank dd not resolve anything, so I am closing the account and requesting a refund on the annual card fee.

So be wary of Citibank's rewards. At least for this card it appears they are not as promised.

As another data point, I originally opened an Emirates Citi card in Jun/July 2016. At the time was going to fly Emirates economy and though the two lounge passes would be worthwhile. That emirates flight didn't eventuate thankfully - as it was only after 9 months and a dozen phone calls did they send me the two lounge passes. FYI - they have my name and skywards number printed on them, so unfortunately can't gift them away.

That said, the passes have a letter date of April 2017 - I cancelled the card and obtained a refund of annual fee in March 2017, so make of it what you will.

Long story short - this card fails to deliver on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back